What are Autoflower Seeds?
Autoflower produces very different cannabis than photoperiod Marijuana Seeds. Photoperiod cannabis plants will only flower if they receive certain hours of light.
Plants grown with Autoflowering Seeds do not rely on a light schedule. Autoflowering cannabis will usually start flowering within 3 - 4 weeks of germination.
Why Grow With Autoflowering Marijuana Seeds?
Compared to other Marijuana Seeds For Sale, Feminized Autoflowering Seeds have many advantages.
- Beginner-friendly. Autoflower plants won’t tolerate much stress or injury but they grow fast enough to lower the chances of anything catastrophic.
- Small and discreet. Autoflowering plants rarely grow taller than 3 feet and can easily fit inside grow cabinets and other tight spaces. A more discreet option for private cannabis growers.
- Lower THC content. Autoflower cannabis plants have lower average THC levels. Don’t worry! Scroll down to see our top THC-rich Autoflowering Strains. The gentler psychoactive effects of autos suit those with low THC tolerance.
- Autoflowering plants CAN produce large harvests. Autoflowering plants don’t yield as much per plant as your average photoperiod Marijuana Seed. The advantage lies in the speed. An auto will produce multiple yearly harvests, often outperforming photoperiod plants over a season.
Autoflower Seeds: How much they produce
Your autoflower yield depends on your harvest time and the autoflowering genetics of your Marijuana Seeds. Indica-heavy autoflowers tend to produce smaller fruitage than sativa-heavy autos.
Sativa-dominant Autoflowering Strains are also known as super autos. Traditionally, super-autos can deliver 2 to 4 times bigger yields than standard Autoflower Seeds.
The cannabis research of our breeders and those of other weed seed banks moves at breakneck speed. When trying to gauge how much yield you will get from your Autoflowering Strains, you need to think long-term.
Autoflower Seeds deliver multiple yearly harvests
A case in point: Homegrown Cannabis Co. stocks two versions of Amnesia Kush. You can buy Amnesia Kush Feminized Autoflower Seeds which produce up to 28 ounces per plant. Or you can choose Amnesia Kush Autoflower Marijuana Seeds which yield anything up to 12 ounces per plant.
With the photoperiod Amnesia Kush your top yearly yield is 28 ounces. A good yield, no question. But with three harvests of Autoflower Seeds in the same year, your overall yield could be a whopping 36 ounces.
Multiple harvests, multiple throws of the dice
With three cannabis grows in the same season you can improve your technique, adjust the nutrients and perfect the environment. With a single yearly harvest all of your eggs will be in one basket. As will any mistakes.
How To Grow Autoflowering Seeds?
There is no need to think about the light schedule (photoperiod) when growing Autoflower Strains. One schedule and one lamp are enough for the entire growth cycle.
The most popular light schedule is 18/6 (18 hours light and 6 hours dark). You can push this to 24 hours without harming the plant or productivity although the electricity bill might hurt your wallet!
There are varying schools of thought when it comes to growing Autoflowering Strains. Some auto cannabis growers think the plants benefit from the period of rest with an 18/6. Other growers give them maximum light for as long as possible.
Pro tip: always do what works for you.
Autoflowering Strains are beginner-friendly. You still need to follow the basics of cannabis cultivation. These pointers should help you get the best from your autoflower harvest. We will expand on these autoflower grow tips later in the article.
- Growing environment: Autos thrive in warm and dry conditions with temperatures ranging from 75 to 86°F. Relative humidity levels are best kept at 40 to 50% to prevent mold and mildew.
- Stress: Autos struggle to recover from stress or injury. When wounded, the plant's energy is focused on repair rather than growth. This is not good news for yields. Avoid high-stress training (HST) methods. Use low-stress training (LST) sparingly and very, very carefully.
- Autoflower nutrients: Autos are small plants that spend little time in the vegetative growth phase. They don’t need a lot of nutrients. Feed them lightly and go easy on the nitrogen.
Harvest the buds sequentially by snipping the top colas first. Let the lower buds fully develop before your next harvest session.
Autoflowers prefer lighter, more aerated soil than you would use to grow feminized photoperiod cannabis plants. Perlite is a fantastic way to improve drainage and airflow.
What is the optimal temperature and humidity to grow autoflowers?
Your grow room needs to be kept around 21°C (70°F) for the best results. Anything much higher or lower can lead to growth problems and plant stress.
Your autoflowers need relative humidity (RH) levels of 40–50%. This can be a little higher for young autoflowering plants. Once in flower keep the RH levels to 40%. This will reduce the risk of mold, mildew, and stress.
What kind of nutrients do autoflowers need?
Buying Autoflower Seeds lowers the cost of your nutrients. Auto plants are smaller and less demanding than their feminized photoperiod cousins.
When using commercial cannabis nutrients give your autos around a half or a quarter of the recommended dose. Pre-fertilized commercial potting mixes are ideal. You won’t need to feed your autoflowering plant until the third or fourth week of growth.
What kind of water is best for autoflowers?
Autoflower Seeds have different requirements to photoperiod Feminized Seeds. Autoflowers are smaller and have a more compact root system. They need less water than larger feminized photoperiod plants.
The key is not to overwater. Allow the soil to almost dry between waterings. Cycling wet to dry is a good system for both Autoflowering Strains AND photoperiod plants.
When growing autoflowers in soil the optimum pH level is 6.0 – 7.0. The pH level can be optimized for autoflowers by using natural products such as pH up and pH down.
Can you train Autoflowers?
Photoperiod cannabis plants love nothing more than High-Stress Training (HST). Growers can employ plant training techniques such as super cropping, FIM, topping, and defoliation to massively boost yields.
This is not a good idea for feminized autoflower plants. HST involves damaging the plant to make it grow back stronger. Autos do not have the time to grow back.
The only training that works with auto flowers is low stress (LST). Bending branches to expose more bud sites is fine. Do not break the branches and do not cut or pinch any part of the auto cannabis plant.
What is the best way to germinate Autoflower Seeds?
Germinating Autoflower Seeds follows exactly the same process as germinating Feminized Seeds or regular Cannabis Seeds. Learn how to germinate Autoflower Seeds by watching our germination guide.
How to plant Autoflower Seeds?
Before planting your Autoflowering Strains, you need to germinate them. The best germination method for autos is the same as for photos. Please see our full germination guide above.
When your Autoflowering Seeds have germinated it’s time to prepare your pots. Red solo cups are a great example of a small starter pot. Try to avoid using jiffy pellets as the roots will need space to grow.
The first job is to fill the pots with your chosen soil. Leave an inch gap from the top to stop soil from spilling out and water the soil in preparation. This is the only time you’ll water until the sapling appears. Watering while the taproot is still getting established can cause problems. It can displace the germinated seed.
Make a small indent in the soil with the tip of your finger, around a centimeter deep. As central as possible. Lower the seed into the hole with the taproot facing down and loosely cover the hole with soil. Leave it under your grow lamp for a few days. Soon it will pop up through the soil and spread its first leaves. After letting the sapling develop a little you need to transplant it to the final pot.
Tip: don’t let it establish itself too much, 6 days is the longest it should stay before transplant.
When you transplant Autoflowers to their permanent home you’ll need to choose your pot size relative to flowering time. A two-month (8 weeks) flowering time will need a 1.5-gallon pot. A three-month (12-week) flowering period will need a larger, 3-gallon pot.
Again, fill the flowerpots with soil to within an inch or two from the top and water. Compact it a little if you want but not too much. Your plants need to expand their root ball and take oxygen and water from the soil.
The transplant process is the same for Regular Marijuana Seeds. Make a hole in the top big enough to fit both the roots and part of the trunk. When planted, you want 2 inches from the top of the soil to the first set of leaves. Water again once your transplant is complete but only around the edges of the pot.
Which Are The Fastest Autoflowering Cannabis Genetics?
Listed below are our fastest Autoflowering Strains. These Autoflower Seeds boast flowering times of 6 - 8 weeks. This means you should be able to harvest your weed plants in 7 weeks from seed to harvest.
You’re choosing high-quality Marijuana Seeds AND the fastest-growing Marijuana Seeds For Sale.
- AK-47 Autoflower Seeds: The AK-47 Autoflowering Strain has a high THC level of 20%. This sativa-dominant gives consumers a powerfully relaxing high. With AK-47 Marijuana Seeds For Sale as an Autoflowering Strain, you’ll be growing potent cannabis in no time.
- Skunk Autoflower Seeds: A genuine classic strain now available as an Autoflower Seed. This is a hybrid autoflowering marijuana strain that delivers an uplifting and creative high.
- Blue Amnesia Autoflower Seeds: Blue Amnesia has a distinctive sweet taste and a high THC level of 18%. A hybrid marijuana strain with a good balance of sativa and indica traits. This Autoflowering Strain has an intense euphoric high.
- Fruit Autoflower Seeds: Fruit Auto is a Cannabis Seed favored by connoisseurs because of its sweet taste and smell. It’s a simple strain that grows very quickly and produces high yields.
What Are Some Potent Auto-flowering Marijuana Strains?
Grow high-THC Marijuana Seeds in record time with our selection of THC-rich Autoflower Seeds.
- sour diesel Autoflower Seeds: A legendary strain well-known for its strong smell and flavor. This Autoflowering Strain is high in THC and easy to grow. A hybrid of sativa and indica with great sour flavors and a variety of psychoactive effects. It’s one of the best auto-flowers around.
- Gorilla Glue #4 Autoflower Seeds: Out of all our autoflowering cannabis seeds Gorilla Glue is one of the highest THC strains. Gorilla Glue is perfect for beginners making growing autoflowering cannabis easily. Gorilla Glue also has particularly high yields.
- Tangerine Autoflower Seeds: A sativa-dominant hybrid that gets its name from its sweet and fruity flavor. This one is great for beginners and contains high THC levels.
- Banana Kush Auto: Those with a penchant for tasty strains will enjoy the rich tropical flavor and powerful body-centric high. It’s a great yielder and very easy to grow.
- Devil XXL Auto: Growers should expect heavy yields of aromatic buds in just 10 weeks. It appeals to even the most discerning connoisseurs with its intense euphoric effect perfectly balanced by a profound relaxing sensation.
What are the top 5 Autoflower Seeds 2023?
- CBD Medi Gom Autoflower: A brand new edition for 2023. CBD Medi gom is a medical marijuana miracle. It delivers medicinal cannabis with the golden 1:1 ratio in as little as 8 - 10 weeks from seed.
- Blackberry Autoflower: A delicious wildberry flavor with an exciting euphoric headrush. This Blackberry is perfect for beginner growers and delivers delicious weed in just 6 - 8 weeks.
- Big Devil Autoflower: Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? This Autoflowering Strain delivers an exhilarating high and is one of our most popular Marijuana Seeds.
- Haze Autoflower: High THC. High yields. Amazing flavors. This autoflower has consistently outperformed all newcomers. It’s the best auto strain every year.
- LSD Autoflower: We have been developing this auto for many years. Get ready to trip the light fantastic with this super psychedelic strain. You won’t find the same buzz anywhere!
Best Autoflowering Seeds USA
We have a great selection of award-winning strains now available as autoflowering cannabis seeds. These are the best Autoflower Seeds with the same great traits as their parent strains.
- White Widow Autoflower: White Widow is an award-winning strain with a legendary name. This auto means you can now produce great yields in less time. White Widow Autoflower is perfect for growing indoors and outdoors with a growth cycle lasting around 10 - 12 weeks.
- OG Kush Autoflower: Some of the best cannabis strains in the world are descended from OG Kush. By crossing the original OG Kush with Northern Lights Autoflower our breeders have created an amazing Autoflowering Strain. It boasts a high THC range of 24% and a growing time of only 10 - 12 weeks.
- Amnesia Haze Autoflower: By crossing Amnesia Haze with a ruderalis strain our breeders have created Amnesia Haze Autoflower. It has a growth time of 10 - 12 weeks and THC levels up to 23%. The unique musky aroma produced by this sativa-dominant strain makes it a must-have for marijuana growers.
Where to buy Autoflower Seeds USA?
Cannabis seeds can be bought either from walk-in stores or online cannabis seed stores. The latter gives customers several advantages. Access to a wide variety of weed strains and cannabis seeds. The convenience of being able to buy Autoflower Seeds from your home.
Not all online weed stores with autoflowering seeds for sale can be trusted. Choosing only reputable seed banks and sources is essential to buying top-quality Marijuana Seeds.
Homegrown Cannabis Co. is a prime example of a trustworthy and reliable seed store offering nothing but the highest quality Autoflower Seeds for sale.
Our Autoflower Seeds are sourced from mother marijuana plants with stable genetics and the best traits. This gives our customers the best possible experience. It helps to have the widest choice of autoflowering feminized seeds for sale.
Read our Homegrown cannabis reviews.
When buying Marijuana Seeds online you'll only need a US address and the ability to pay for cannabis seeds online. You can also purchase bulk orders of autoflower cannabis seeds for sale by visiting our wholesale page. We can provide up to 50,000 seeds of any available strain. Please ask about our high-quality cannabis products today.
We also offer a great selection of Mix Packs available in packs of 9, 15, 30, and 45 seeds. Feel free to revisit us as often as you’d like to add more marijuana seeds to your collection.
If you can’t find answers on our website, please reach out to our team at +1 (760) 313-7455. You can also use the ticket submission section in the bottom right of your screen.
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with America’s premium cannabis seed bank.