Weed to Eat
3 Pot Pumpkin Gut Recipes For Halloween
Jack-o’-lantern is the spooktacular symbol of Halloween. However, apart from its creative use, the humble pumpkin has a lot more to offer. If you’re planning on some squash-carving fun, don’t let the pumpkin gut go to waste. Give the shrieking season of sharing and socially acceptable sugar-loading a stimulating spin. Turn the stringy insides and seeds of your Allhallows eve décor into hallo-weed treats and beverages for your next spooky bash.
Just scoop the entire gut area from the pumpkin with a carving tool and start cooking! From Jack-o’-lantern cookie to pumpkin spice latte, these three seasonal, adults-only recipes are as uplifting as they are spine-chillingly delicious.
Mini Pot Jack-o’-Lantern Cookie
Halloween is a holiday cookie season. Apart from candies, cookies are the most DIYed treats during this time of the year. They are easy to make and can be customized into thrilling Halloween-themed designs and shapes. We recommend this no-icing, no-frosting mini pot Jack-o’-lantern cookies for marijuana enthusiasts who want to be creative in a banging yet straightforward way.
- 1 cup or 2 sticks unsalted, softened cannabis butter (in your desired strength and cannabinoid profile)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pumpkin gut or 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups or 12 ounces chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Take the pumpkin gut and separate the seeds. Blend the unseeded pumpkin gut in a food processor and create 1 cup of smooth mash. You may also skip this step and use canned pumpkin puree instead.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375° F).
- Blend the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small mixer bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix the cannabis butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree in until well-blended and creamy.
- Add one egg in the flour mixture at a time, and gradually beat well after each addition until smooth.
- Scoop spoonfuls of dough and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Using the same spoon or a spatula, smooth the top, then put the chocolate chips onto the top of the formed dough to form a face. Make sure that the chocolate chips are in the dough as they will pop out a little while baking.
- Put in the oven and let it bake for 7 to 11 minutes or until light brown. If you prefer soft cookies, remove them while the bottom is a very light brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it continue baking on the sheet pan for 2 more minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack to completely cool.
Note that the cannabis cookies can be refrigerated for up to a week or kept frozen for up to 8 weeks. We highly doubt there will be leftovers, though, because this treat is going to kill it (pun intended)!
Roasted Cannabis Pumpkin Seeds
To make a puree for the mini pot Jack-o’-lantern cookies, you took out all the seeds. Now, what do you do with them? Don’t throw them out! Instead, turn them into a cannabis-infused snack that can be used for flying high like spooky ghosts or for medication.
Pumpkin seeds are naturally brimming with scientifically proven health benefits. Pairing it with your choice of marijuana strain, regardless if high-THC or high-CBD, creates an extremely beneficial hallo-weed treat. Plus, you can enjoy it in various flavors — cocoa, whiskey bacon, maple, sriracha, masala, garlic parmesan, salted caramel, Thai curry, Cajun, spicy BBQ — you name it, the night sky’s the limit! Let’s start roasting!
- 2 cup unshelled or ¾ cup shelled raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons cannabis coconut oil or 2 tablespoons melted cannabutter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preferred seasoning blend
- Preheat the oven to 148°C (300°F).
- Mix the pumpkin seeds with the marijuana oil or cannabutter and choice of seasoning.
- Spread the seasoned pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet. Bake until the seeds start to brown. This takes about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then serve and enjoy!
Please note that if you intend to consume the pumpkin seeds for medication, it is best to suck on them for a while before chewing and swallowing them. This is so you can ingest the cannabis oil sublingually for the faster onset of the effects and benefits.
Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Spice Latte
The Halloween season is not only spooky, it is also chilly! Stay warm and comfy while also getting a heavy dose of canna-fun with a pot pumpkin spice latte. We recommend that you add this beverage to your hallo-weed menu because coffee, cannabis, and pumpkin are all superfood. Blending these three ensures you keep up with the traditions while loading on health-giving benefits.
Plus, with the right strain, marijuana and a cup of java are the perfect match. Ever wondered why the herb is so widely loved in Amsterdam coffeeshops all year round? Well, with our spooktacular cannabis-infused pumpkin spice latte recipe, you’re about to understand why. It only takes 15 minutes to make and serves two souls, so feel free to invite a friend over for some stimulating pumpkin cafe au lait.
- 2 cups milk (can be whole milk or low fat or skim milk for a less calorie)
- ½ cup brewed coffee (espresso will produce a more authentic-tasting latte)
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree (from can or make some from pumpkin gut)
- 2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cannabis-infused honey or maple ginger syrup
- Whip cream (optional)
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Put the spices and the pumpkin puree in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Add some black pepper (but only if you like it).
- Let the mixture cook for a couple of minutes, stir constantly.
- Add the vanilla and your choice of milk to the concoction, stirring gradually until thoroughly blended.
- Remove from the heat, then add the cannabis-infused honey or maple ginger syrup. Stir until the syrup mixes to the blend thoroughly.
- Add the mix to the blender or food processor and blend until it becomes frothy.
- Divide the freshly brewed coffee between two mugs, then top with the cannabis cream.
- Feel free to add some whipped cream and nutmeg. This is optional.
In case you need another coffee-cannabis shot and you are out of pumpkin spice latte, we recommend these pairings:
Mary Jane Approved Recipes
During this year’s Halloween season, an estimated 145 million Americans, which is about 44% of the entire US population, will buy a pumpkin to make homemade jack-o-lanterns. That means tons and tons of pumpkin guts will go to waste, but, really, they don’t have to. Pumpkin insides are incredibly nutritious and can be made into different meals and beverages. Even nicer, cannabis can be incorporated into many of these recipes.
Give Jack-o’-lantern cookies, regular roasted pumpkin seeds, and pumpkin spice latte some adult-only cannabis twist. These seasonal, Mary Jane approved recipes are spine-chillingly delicious, not to mention uplifting. Plus, users get to decide how potent the Hallo-weed snacks should be.
3 spine-chillingly delicious pumpkin recipes to give your next Halloween a 420-approved cannabis spin.
Give Halloween a cannabis spin with these 3 spine-chillingly delicious pumpkin recipes. Swap out the basic treats with these homemade high-lo-weed
Give your Halloween pumpkin recipes a spine-chillingly des a whole new level of delicious with these fresh, homemade … Swap Out Basic Appetizers With These Homemade Upgrades.