Weed to Eat
Hallo-Weed Gummies For The High-Minded
Halloween is in the air again. And, to high-minded people, that means fun — loads of it! This is that time of the year where it’s okay to devour sweet treats that are more than half of your body weight. So, why go trippin’ on sugar when you can ride high on hallo-weed?
Take fangtastic celebrations to a whole new level by giving candies a Mary Jane-approved twist. Leave the Reese’s, Tootsie Rolls, and Butterfingers to the kids in scary costumes. For legal adults who wish to get more lit than a gang of jack-o’-lanterns, homemade cannabis-infused gummies are sure to do the trick. You can get as crazy creative (maybe with the help of these strains here) as you like while still having control over the dosage.
Make lemon-flavored severed fingers with 100mg of THC and bring it to 420-themed Allhallows parties. Also share some good ol’ pumpkin and cheesy zombie heads with 25mg CBD to potheads who have to work over the holidays. Besides getting your fix, creating treats from scratch gets you (and the souls who will receive the candies) into the Halloween spirit.
If you’re ready to spice up the celebration, let’s get cooking!
Step 1: Decarboxylate the cannabis buds
Activating the cannabinoids through a process called ‘decarboxylation’ is the first thing to do. It turns the inactive, non-psychoactive THC-A into the mind-altering THC, and CBDA into the highly coveted CBD. Only skip this if you plan to use a commercial cannabis tincture, as tossing raw buds into a recipe will not provide the desired effects.
Simply grind the buds, place it on a baking sheet, and roast the batch in the oven between 110°C and 120°C for 1 hour. You can also put the weed flowers in a vacuum-sealed boiling bag and submerge it in boiling water for around 90 minutes.
To experience what it’s like to soar higher than vultures, pick from these 24 wickedly strong strains — the most potent in the world! If you just want to clean up the mental cobwebs, have a look at these CBD-leaning variants.
Step 2. Concoct The Cannabis Tincture
Cannabis tinctures are alcohol-based cannabis extracts. As mentioned, these products are commercially available, but can also be easily prepared at home. There are a couple of ways to produce a potent tincture. However, because Halloween is almost here, we recommend the Green Dragon method, also known as the Hot Bath technique.
- 1-liter jar with lid
- 30 grams ground, decarboxylated cannabis
- 300 ml of Vodka (or vegetable glycerine, for people who do not drink)
- Cooking or candy thermometer
- Wide-mouthed pot (for cooking)
- Glass dropper bottle
- Coffee filter / Mesh strainer (prior is preferred)
- Large metal bowl
- Pour the decarboxylated cannabis into the jar.
- Fill the reen Dragon jar with the alcohol or glycerine. Leave an inch of space at the top of the jar. Please do not close or seal the jar.
- Fill the pot with about 1 inch of water. Place it on an electric stove on medium. Do not use a gas stove as alcohols are highly flammable.
- Using the thermometer, check if the simmering water is no hotter than 73°C or 165°F.
- Place the cannabis and alcohol filled mason jar into the pot. Let it cook for 30 minutes. Ensure that the mixture does not get too hot (more than 73°C or 165°F).
- Remove the jar from the pot. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Separate the plant matter from the tincture by pouring it through a coffee filter over a bowl.
- Transfer the tincture into a glass dropper bottle.
Step 3. Start Making The Gummies
This recipe is the simplest way to prepare cannabis gummies. It entails minimal preparation and can be modified to achieve the desired potency and flavor.
- 4 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- 500 ml of preferred juice (the most popular flavors are strawberry-lemonade, red wine, peaches and cream, tart cherry lime, green apple, and raspberry tea, among others.)
- 3-4 teaspoons of THC or CBD tincture (adjust according to the desired potency)
- Gummy molds (the spookier, the better!)
- Pour your choice of juice into a medium-sized pan and place it over low heat. Let the liquid get warm, then add the tincture. Do not let it boil.
- Slowly whisk the gelatin into the mixture until it completely dissolves.
- Add a tablespoon of honey at a time until the concoction achieves the desired sweetness.
- Pour the mixture into the molds. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Take the gummies out of the mold. Eat one gummy to know of how potent the entire batch is. Note that that the average onset time of edibles ranges from thirty minutes to an hour.
- Place the gummies in a sealed container and let them chill in the refrigerator until next consumption.
Bringing Back Fun In Halloween
Halloween is one of the world’s oldest holidays, and kids all around the globe look forward to it with eager anticipation. Those of age, though, must also reclaim the shrieking-good Halloween spirit by adding some adult-oriented fun to traditions.
For cannabis enthusiasts, one of the easiest ways to do this ‘upgrade’ is by creating cannabis-infused gummies. The chewy sweets are modifiable to meet your ‘high’ standards. Plus, it can be enjoyed with high-minded family members and friends. You can even have a hallo-weed party or arrange a trick or treat activity to bring the 420 community closer. With these mind-altering goodies, bringing back the fun in Halloween for grown-ups is easy, fun, and tasty.