Buy Cannabis Seeds in Alabama
Marijuana laws have been changing a lot across America in recent months, but you’re probably wondering, “is weed legal in Alabama“? More specifically, what will you need to know before growing marijuana seeds in Alabama?
Fortunately, we’ll guide you through everything you need to know about the cannabis laws. Though cultivating marijuana seeds in Alabaman borders is illegal, we’ll look at the growing conditions when the law changes.
So if you want to know where you can buy marijuana seeds in Alabama as souvenirs, you’re in the right place.
Let’s get down to business.
Is it Legal to Buy and Grow Cannabis Seeds in Alabama?
As of 6 May 2021, the Legislature pass the bill to legalize medical marijuana. Patients with one of the following medical conditions can now purchase cannabis at dispensaries in Alabama.
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Sickle cell anemia
- Anxiety or panic disorders
- Chronic pain
This bill means the formation of the Alabama medical cannabis commission. Since patients are discouraged from first turning to a seed bank in Alabama for treatment, the officials will regulate this.
No member of the commission will have an affiliation to a medical marijuana business.
As part of the medical marijuana regulations, the commission would monitor doctor recommendations, doses, and treated conditions. The upheld rules include:
- You may buy up to 60 doses daily from dispensaries in Alabama and possess no more than 70 on your person.
- Each dose is capped at 50mg of THC. Doctors may increase this cap to 75mg for terminal patients, but the state would revoke their driver’s license.
- As a qualifying patient, you may take medical marijuana in all forms, excluding edibles (gummies, candies, or baked goods.
- You’d need to be at least 19 years old and have a qualifying condition to obtain a medical marijuana card.
While you may not find a seed bank in Alabama, you could purchase your souvenir seeds online.
You can legally purchase weed seeds in Alabama, as long as you don’t germinate and grow them.
Current laws say that recreational use is strictly prohibited in the state. While this means that you likely can’t purchase drug paraphernalia, you can buy weed seeds online as souvenirs.
If caught growing marijuana seeds in Alabama, you’d face felony charges of trafficking. The penalty for possession with intent to sell is a maximum fine of $15,000 or up to ten years in prison.
As far as recreation goes, marijuana seeds in Alabama aren’t on the agenda. Possessing unprocessed cannabis products could result in a whopping $6,000 fine or up to a year in prison.
Marijuana laws are changing rapidly across the country. While germinating marijuana seeds in Alabama may be illegal now, it doesn’t stop you from learning how to do it successfully. As soon as the status changes, you’ll be ready to start your Alabama marijuana crop.
Let’s dig into how you can grow marijuana seen in Alabaman soil (when it’s allowed) and what the best strains are for the environment.
Is it Better to Grow Indoors or Outdoors?
Growing cannabis seeds is strictly prohibited in Alabama, and perpetrators can face serious jail time. Change seems imminent as more states push for full decriminalization in the US.
Until then, allow us to guide you through the ins and outs of growing marijuana seeds in Alabama.
Whether you’re a master cultivator planting high THC seeds or a beginner, nothing beats homegrown marijuana. Growing quality marijuana at home can be boiled down to a few basic things—the type of strain and the growing conditions. There’ll be no point in picking out a Jack Herer strain and then watching it wilt in the summer sun, after all.
When cultivating weed seeds in Alabama becomes legal, you’ll want to opt for outdoors. The Cotton State has the perfect conditions to grow luscious towering weed plants. With that said, you should ensure that you choose a strain that’s compatible with the weather conditions in this region.
Long and toasty summers around 90°F could make growing the right marijuana seeds in Alabama a breeze.
The Hammerhead state’s rainfall and humidity are what makes it stand out most. The region’s humid, subtropical climate is ideal for germinating weed seeds in Alabama.
Which are the most compatible weed seeds for Alabama? We take a look at a few of the strains that are most likely to do very well in the Alabama sun.
Best strains to grow in Alabama
Due to the high moisture levels, deep-rooted sativa strains or auto-flowering seeds are the best matches.
Here are a few of the top strains available at Homegrown Cannabis Co., suitable for Alabama climates.
- AK-47 Feminized Seeds: One of the most reputable strains on the market. It’s quite easy to grow and has flowering times of about 8-10 weeks. The THC levels are 18%, and with its great durability, it’s a great seed for this sunny state.
- Sour Diesel Autoflower Seeds: A true classic with all the uplifting and creative highs you’d expect from a sativa-heavy strain. Not only will it produce a 23% THC concentration, but it’s also a fast grower, with a generally short final height. This makes it a great option for both beginners and veteran growers seeking a hassle-free and quick harvest.
- Bruce Banner Fast Version Seeds: This 30% THC strain is high-yielding and will put Alabama’s climate to good use. Not only is the flowering time only 6 – 7 weeks, but it’s also an easy strain to grow if you’re a beginner!
- Orange Skunk Feminized: This sativa-dominant strain will leave you with energizing citrus high with its 18% THC levels. This weed plant may take a little longer to flower at around 8 to 10 weeks, but the high yield is worth the wait. Unfortunately, this demanding plant isn’t suitable for beginners and will require some extra care.
While the seeds mentioned above are all great choices for outdoor growing, if you have your heart set on a different strain, you may need to consider an indoor setup.
Where to Buy Cannabis Seeds in Alabama
When buying marijuana seeds in Alabama, ensure that you do so from a reputable source. At Homegrown Cannabis Co., you’ll find top-quality seeds online delivered to your door in discrete packaging and excellent customer service. The site also offers a germination guarantee, further boosting buyer satisfaction.
Now that you know how to get the most from your cannabis crop, you’re ready to dig in as soon as it becomes legal.
While you wait, browse our selection of cannabis seeds to find the ones you’d like as souvenirs.
Please bear in mind that we are by no means condoning illegal grows and advise all our customers to adhere to their applicable state laws. Also, remember that the laws are regularly changing, ensure that you stay on top of these amendments to avoid upset.