Buy Cannabis Seeds in Montana
What are the legalities surrounding Montana marijuana seeds? The legislation surrounding cannabis use in the US is changing on a daily basis. With more and more states legalizing marijuana, it’s essential to stay on top of things.
With many states making leaps and bounds in fully legalizing marijuana, users hope that America will soon allow weed across the board.
Marijuana seeds in Montana and recreational weed use have recently been added to the constitution. It doesn’t mean you’re free to light up when and where you want, though.
We’ll guide you through all the ins and outs of ganja consumption, possession, and propagation to keep you on the right side of the law.
Let’s jump right in.
Is it Legal to Buy and Grow Cannabis Seeds in Montana?
Is weed legal in Montana? In January 2021, Initiative 190 was approved by voters, legalizing the recreational use and growing of Montana marijuana seeds.
Sales are yet to begin, but the future is bright for weed lovers in the Big Sky Country, with dispensaries expected to open by 2022.
Under the current legislation, up to one ounce is acceptable for both use and possession in the Treasure State, with penalties for those caught with more ganja than the allowable limits. Below are the current laws surrounding cannabis possession in this north-western state.
|less than 1oz.
|1–2oz. (first offense)
|1–2oz. (second offense)
|More than 2oz.
Can you buy marijuana seeds in Montana? The best way to get hold of weed for casual use at the moment is to buy feminized seeds online and produce your own buds. You’ll stay one step ahead of the rest and ensure yourself a steady supply of your favorite smoke.
The state laws allow medicinal users to grow weed at home. You’ll be able to cultivate up to eight plants per household, with four mature and four seedlings at a time if you possess a permit.
On the other hand, recreational smokers may grow four plants at home with two mature and two seedlings.
If you’re found to have cultivated more plants than specified above, you’ll be subject to up to a $50,000 fine and ten years behind bars.
Is it Better to Grow Indoors or Outdoors?
In Montana, marijuana seeds grown both indoors and outdoors have their benefits depending on where you live and what results you’re expecting. It’s essential to weigh up the pros and cons before deciding on where to plant your seeds.
You may want to consider the following before starting your growing journey.
- What is my intention, and does my budget allow it? Grow tents and greenhouses are pricey, and not everyone can afford them. If you’re planning on growing long-term and would like to produce the best possible products, it may be a worthy investment to build an inside setup.
- What strain do I want to cultivate? If you have your heart set on a specific strain, you may want to consider propagating it inside to ensure you can create the best conditions possible for it to flourish. If you don’t mind which variant you farm with and would prefer to plant outside, you can choose a hardy cultivar to suit the climate in your area.
- What are the state laws? Many states require cultivators to keep their plants locked up, out of the public eye. In this case, it’s often wiser to grow in your house where you can be sure your babies are hidden from nosey onlookers.
A favorable climate in Montana means you’re free to grow your high THC seeds both indoors and outdoors without much hassle.
The weather varies in the state depending on which part of the state you live in, but overall, hot, dry summers, mild winters, and light rainfall are to be expected.
By germinating your Montana marijuana seeds in June, you’ll be exposing your crops to moderate temperatures and mild precipitation, which are ideal for them to thrive. You can expect to harvest by October, just in time for the cold winter months to set in.
Freezing winters with snowfall are what you need to watch out for in the Treasure State. Garden plants will need protection during these times, and you may be motivated to instead grow your shrubs indoors to steer clear of losing them.
Best strains to grow in Montana
Although growing marijuana seeds in Montana outdoors is tricky, weather-resistant strains will still fare well despite the winter dilemma with some protection. Below are some of the best garden variants.
- Big Devil autoflower seeds. These tall, easy-to-grow, sativa leaning plants are a fantastic choice to start your weed garden.
- Northern Skunk feminized seeds. This variant adapts well to harsh weather conditions and is highly mold-resistant, making it an excellent outdoor strain.
If growing in the comfort of your home has appealed to your inner farmer, there are some brilliant strains that are bound to produce high-quality buds with yields that’ll knock your socks off. Let’s take a look at some of the most sought-after indoor marijuana seeds in Montana.
- Badazz Cheese feminized seeds. A dank, spicy strain ripe for the picking will have your mouth watering in no time with its combination of popular scents.
- Diesel feminized seeds. Diesel is the ultimate beginner’s strain. This variant is easy to look after and produces excellent yields.
Where to Buy Cannabis Seeds in Montana
Where can you get marijuana seeds in Montana? Weed sales for recreational use have not yet begun in the BigSky Country. The only way you can buy cannabis, for the time being, is from a registered medicinal dispensary with a marijuana card.
If you’re looking to buy weed seeds, you can find high-quality strains from the Homegrown Cannabis Co online dispensary. We’ll deliver right to your doorstep. All you need to do is browse through our extensive categories, place your order, and let us take care of the rest.