CBD-rich strains are all the rage in the medical field nowadays. As expected, the sharp increase in demand pulled up its prices in dispensaries. Because sustaining continuous cannabis medication costlier, many patients have chosen to grow these plants at home.
Apart from saving money, though, cultivating from seed allows medical growers full control over all aspects of growth. That includes employing an organic gardening method. It takes away the concern that products bought from the store might be contaminated with potentially harmful chemicals.
What is CBD, in any case?
Known formally as Cannabidiol, it is one of over a hundred cannabinoids found in cannabis. Its plethora of research-backed health benefits contributed to turning around the reputation of the plant. Primarily, that is because it is non-psychoactive. Moreover, it does not produce adverse effects such as anxiety and paranoia - even when consumed in high doses.
CBD has strong antipsychotic properties that mitigate stress, anxiety, and depression. It also boasts of robust anti-tumor growth and antiemetic actions. This combination helps cancer patients fight the disease. At the same time, it also mitigates chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Besides those, cannabidiol-rich buds and products are widely used as pain medications as well.
Benefits of Extremely High CBD Seeds
Cannabis is one of the oldest known human cultivated crops. And, although the craze for high-CBD strains is relatively recent, the first recorded medicinal use of the plant dates as far back as 2,737 BCE in then Imperial China. It was widely-used for beriberi, constipation, malaria, rheumatic pains, lack of mental focus, and various female-only ailments. Unsurprisingly, current researches prove that the plant can mitigate many of the mentioned health concerns. Due to its therapeutic versatility, many patients opted to grow marijuana seeds - a cost-effective way to secure a heftier stash.
When it comes to achieving relief through cannabis, high-CBD, low-THC strains are preferred, especially by those who do not wish to experience a high. The cannabinoid is known to possess and share these functions:
- Anti-inflammatory and Analgesic
- Anti-tumor and Anti-proliferative
- Anti-depressant and Anxiolytic
- Neuroprotectant and Antioxidant
How Potent Should the CBD Strains Be?
If you wish to grow seeds of extremely powerful CBD strains (those with at least 18:1 CBD/THC ratio or CBD load of up to 20% and THC levels as low as 0.3%), here's what you have to know:
- The variants are ideal for reducing epileptic seizures and severe cases of insomnia, chronic pain, and depression, among others.
- They have no recreational value due to their insignificant, almost non-existent THC content.
- Because of the higher than usual amounts of CBD, a lower dosage is often needed to find relief.
- Consumers may develop CBD tolerance. Once this happens, higher dosages must be taken to achieve the desired effect.
- Larger doses may cause lethargy and cottonmouth. Some also report experiencing diarrhea. Don't worry, though, as overdosing is never lethal.
- High dosages may neutralize some enzymes in the liver, which can affect the effectivity of other medications.
Once your mind is set on cultivating an extreme CBD cannabis, you can opt for legendary CBD-dominant variants like CBD Harlequin Kimbo Kush and CBD ACDC. You may also try the other CBD-affluent hybrids CBD Sour Tangie (1:25), CBD Ratio (1:30), and CBD Fruit (1:25).
Are High-Potency CBD Seeds Psychoactive?
CBD-leaning seeds grow into highly therapeutic, non-psychoactive cannabis plants. As CBD counters the effects THC, consuming them comes with a low-to-no high. That means patients will not suffer from anxiety, paranoia, and hallucinations caused by overwhelming cerebral stimulation. In place of the euphoric buzz is the peace of mind, which is better than any highs to those who endure psychological troubles on the daily. It is tranquility against stress, depression, and schizophrenia. Additionally, CBD boosts mental focus, which aids users in excelling at work and in their chosen endeavors.
Are High-CBD Seeds Legal?
The purchase of cannabis seeds is surrounded by ambiguity, mainly because the legislation on the plant and products derived from it is often very confusing. Countries and states commonly have defined laws regarding the use, possession and cultivation of the buds. However, cannabis seeds are, to put it mildly, a complicated issue.
In 1962, 180 member countries signed the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs treaty that deemed cannabis as an illicit substance, but not the seeds and leaves (when not accompanied by the tops). That being the case, it is, in theory, not considered illegal to buy the seeds. Of course, germinating them and proving that the buyer intends to cultivate are different matters entirely.
Due to the complexity of the concern and potential legal repercussions, it is best to check the regulations of your own country before purchasing seeds and cultivating. This brief guide may also help.
- USA. Cannabis seeds are prohibited at the federal level. That said, as medical marijuana is legal in 33 states, the laws in seed purchase varies. To be safe, those who wish to cultivate must refer to the legislation of their state.
- Canada. Cannabis enthusiasts can legally grow up to four plants per household as long as the seeds are from legal sources. Now, that sounds awesome, but there are no legal sales points for the seeds available within the country. That means buying and selling cannabis seeds is impossible without breaking the law. Note that rules concerning home cultivation may also vary per province.
- The Netherlands. Buying and selling cannabis seeds is legal in the Netherlands. However, the allowed number of seeds is unspecified - just that it should not encourage large-scale cultivation. What is considered large-scale, you ask? Well, growing more than 5 cannabis plants is a criminal act, but sticking to 5 or less is "tolerated".
- Germany. Cannabis seeds are not included in Germany's narcotics law, but its sale is prohibited. As the EU allows free movement of goods, canna-enthusiasts within Germany are permitted to "receive" cannabis seeds.
- Spain. The policy of the Spanish provinces on cannabis seeds is almost similar - buying and selling are permitted as long as it is for private use. It is not strictly illegal to grow a few cannabis plants, just do not engage in the commercial trade.
- France. Cannabis seeds are not prohibited in France. However, they must not be cultivated, which defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. Due to such restrictions, the purchase of the seeds is often done online and growing them is kept in secret.
- Italy. Cannabis fans can buy seeds from brick and mortar stores or online sellers. Germinating and cultivating, however, is not permitted.
- United Kingdom. It is legal to buy and sell cannabis seeds in the United Kingdom, regardless of where it was purchased. However, germinating the seeds is forbidden.
- Australia. Medical marijuana users in Australia are in luck. Those with prescription can buy seeds and cultivate the plant. Otherwise, the seeds may be confiscated by authorities.
- New Zealand. The purchase of cannabis seeds is illegal in New Zealand. Most Kiwi growers purchase their seeds online.
- South Africa. The use of cannabis in private has been decriminalized in this country, which is good, but matters regarding the seeds are still confusing. Enthusiasts may have cannabis seeds in possession; howbeit, engaging in the trade of seed seeds is not allowed.
How to Grow Seeds with Incredibly High CBD?
High-CBD strains are naturally inclined to produce buds brimming with Cannabidiol. However, for the plants to reach maximum cannabinoid production potential, it must be grown in favorable environments. Additionally, only gardening materials with excellent safety profiles must be utilized. For this reason, the use of organic fertilizers, pesticides, and mulches, among others, come highly recommended.
For best results, also choose the seed type that matches your expertise level. We offer these four seed types:
- Regular seeds. A pack of regs roughly has a female/male ratio of 50:50. It is ideal for breeders and experienced growers. When cultivating for consumption, males must be identified early and removed from the grow area as soon as possible.
- Feminized Seeds. Fems are the most sought-after seed type. With these babies, there's no gender guessing game and male segregation.
- Fast Version. Also feminized, fast version seeds are the newest seed type in the market. They finish flowering quicker, around two weeks earlier, than other photoperiods.
- Autoflower Seeds. If cannabis cultivation is a race, growers using autos are sure to win every time. Autoflowers have a swift lifespan, going from seed to harvest in as fast as 6 to 9 weeks. Because they mature by age and are not light-dependent, light schedules are as simple as it gets - just leave the lights on for at least 18 hours. Also consider growing several autos in multiple, simultaneous batches for bigger total output.
Can I Order Extreme CBD Seeds from Homegrown Cannabis Co?
The entire HMG menu, including the extreme CBD seeds, is open to anyone anywhere. Currently, the seed bank has a strong customer base in Amsterdam, Canada, California, Colorado, and the UK. Rest assured that all orders are sealed in discreet, highly-resistant packaging to ensure your privacy.