Cannabis Sativa Seeds
Sativa weed strains are known for providing consumers with an invigorating, full-headed high, with the best Sativa strains being known for giving bursts of energy mixed with a cerebral high. The strongest Sativa strains generally have extremely high THC levels, are often high yielding cannabis strains and can be easy to grow. Naturally, you will find difficult Sativa seeds to grow, this is not just dependent on whether the strain is Sativa or not but more so on other traits and the type of seed.
We have Sativa autoflowering marijuana seeds, these Sativa seeds will generally be easier to grow because they reach the flowering stage automatically and require less space as well as a less complex light cycle. Furthermore, many growers opt for feminized Sativa seeds over regular cannabis Sativa seeds because you do not have to spend time sexing the plants and are always guaranteed a female cannabis plant.
What Are Cannabis Sativa Seeds?
The most common way to categorize marijuana strains is to describe them as either Sativa, Indica or ruderalis. Ruderalis strains are perhaps the odd-one-out as they do not necessarily define the cannabis strains traits when consumed but more so how they grow. Ruderalis strains are used predominantly when breeding weed strains to create autoflowering seeds. Autoflowering cannabis Sativa seeds grow faster, smaller and are more hardy which allows them to be grown in less than ideal conditions. Furthermore, autoflowering weed strains are still grouped based on whether they are Indica strains or Sativa strains.
The difference between Indica and Sativa seeds can be seen in what they grow, you must first look at the plants themselves, how they grow, and their general characteristics such as shape and form. Cannabis sativa seeds generally grow into taller plants than Indica strains, which are smaller and bushier, and have thinner, more narrow leaves. The flowers of a cannabis Sativa plant are less dense while the leaves are a lighter shade of green. Sativa seeds prefer to be grown in warmer climates, originating from tropical areas, but through breeding can be grown indoors or outdoors.
In terms of THC and CBD, all marijuana strains have quantities of both, Sativa strains tend to have a high THC content which allows them to give consumers that energetic and cerebral high. For example, if you look at one of the top Sativa seeds for sale at Homegrown Cannabis Co. like Strawberry Cough Feminized you will see that it has THC levels of up to 25% while the CBD levels are often around 0.5%. Strawberry Cough is a strain bred by Homegrown Cannabis Co.’s own Kyle Kushman and is widely regarded as one of the best Sativa seeds on the market, it even won the High Times Cannabis Cup in 2013 for ‘Best Flower’ and it’s not hard to see why with such a high THC content.
That’s not to say that some cannabis Sativa seeds do not have high CBD content, CBD Super Silver Haze Feminized is an example of this, a Sativa dominant strain with an average CBD content of 12% which equals its THC content, also 12%.
What Strains Are Sativa?
Traditionally, cannabis Sativa refers to marijuana plants grown from seeds that have been cultivated to promote healthy and strong traits. While that is still very much the case today, there are some other connotations to the word which it is more known for.
Typically, Sativa strains are known for their strong energizing, full headed high while an Indica strain would normally relax and make the consumer more lethargic. A lot of Sativa weed strains are judged for their THC levels, with the strongest Sativa strains having high THC. A Sativa high will often be more of a cerebral high.
One of the most popular Sativa seeds is Blue Dream Feminized which has high THC levels of 19% and a tiny CBD percentage of 0.4%. These are classic cannabis Sativa seeds that grow into high yielding Sativa plants.
A mainstay of any best Sativa strains list and one of the highest-rated pure Sativa seeds feminized we have is Amnesia Haze Feminized which has extremely high THC content, reaching up to 25%, and has won numerous awards including the coveted High Times Cannabis Cup for ‘Best Sativa Strain’ in 2012. While it can take up to 13 weeks to grow this cannabis Sativa strain, it is a relatively uncomplicated strain to grow. Amnesia Haze is one of the almost pure Sativa seeds for sale at Homegrown Cannabis Co., however, it has some Indica traits, and is actually one of many Sativa dominant hybrids. In the case of Amnesia Haze, the Indica is very minimal and it is predominantly cannabis Sativa.
Dominant Hybrids And Pure Sativa Seeds For Sale
In terms of pure Sativa strains, this can be tricky to define as there are a few different types of Sativa seeds - many strains (particularly feminized marijuana seeds and autoflowering weed seeds) are Sativa dominant hybrids as a result of breeding and inherited traits from parent strains. There are some weed strains that could be defined as pure Sativa strains that exhibit no or few traits of an Indica strain. There are some Sativa seeds, like Durban Poison which could genuinely be called pure Sativa strains in every sense, because this strain is completely cannabis Sativa, from the way it grows to the effects it has on consumers, there is little in common with an Indica strain.
Here is a list of some pure Sativa strains or strains that are extremely Sativa dominant hybrids.
Best Sativa Autoflowering Seeds
We have a lot of autoflowering pure Sativa seeds and autoflowering Sativa dominant seeds available in our store. Autoflowering cannabis seeds are preferred by some growers as they are easy to grow and also grow much faster than regular cannabis seeds. Growing autoflowering Sativa dominant seeds means that you can grow Sativa plants with a fast flowering time that produce potent Sativa buds, perhaps not in the same quantity as regular and feminized seeds, but with faster growing times, you can harvest autoflowering cannabis strains multiple times a year.
- Magnum Autoflower: Described as one of the most productive and most powerful autoflowering cannabis strains ever, Magnum Autoflower is one of the top autoflowering Sativa dominant seeds for sale in our store. While some people argue that autoflowering Sativa strains can lack flavor and potency, Magnum Autoflower has both in abundance alongside a flowering time of only 10-12 weeks. Autoflowering Sativa dominant seeds like this which offer high yields of alarmingly potent buds are a cannabis cultivator’s best friend.
- White Widow x California Snow Autoflower: Is it easy to grow? Yes. Is it potent? Yes. White Widow x California Snow is now available as autoflowering Sativa dominant seeds, which means that marijuana growers can now grow this powerful Sativa hybrid very quickly. This autoflowering version has a flowering time of 8-10 weeks, this is one of the best sativa autoflowering seeds on the market. White Widow x California Snow is known for its crystal-like, trichome encrusted buds packed with THC to provide an energetic Sativa high.
- Haze XL Autoflower: When you cross haze 2.0 with Jack Herer, you get Haze XL! If you want easy to grow Sativa plants that produce potent, high THC buds then look no further than these autoflowering Sativa seeds. Haze lovers rejoice, being an autoflowering version, these Sativa seeds are remarkably easy to grow and have a fast flowering time of 8-10 weeks. Furthermore, Haze XL Autoflowering seeds grow into hardy Sativa plants that can grow, survive and thrive in a multitude of environments, they also cope with common problems like pests and mold well.
- NYC Diesel Autoflower: NYC Diesel gives consumers an energetic Sativa high and has a taste of strong diesel aroma due to some of its lineage being from Sour Diesel. NYC Diesel Autoflower is a strong plant that can cope with many environmental problems which makes it easy to grow, on top of this it produces phenomenally high yields making it a perfect strain for growers of any level. This really is one of the best autoflowering sativa seeds and also a favorite for beginners.
Pure Sativa Seeds Feminized
Feminized cannabis seeds are some of the most popular types of Sativa seeds for sale at Homegrown Cannabis Co. we have the best Sativa strains on offer with stable genetics which are guaranteed to grow into female cannabis Sativa plants.
- Durban Poison Feminized: While the name of this cannabis strain might sound sinister, consuming it is a pleasurable experience. With a potent, cerebral high, Durban Poison can help boost creativity and energize the consumer. This is one strain that can claim to be one of Homegrown Cannabis Co.’s best pure Sativa strains. Durban Poison has high THC content with the average THC levels being around 22% (levels can be between 17-25%) which is responsible for the full headed high produced by this pure Sativa strain. Furthermore, Durban Poison is easy to grow and therefore a great marijuana strain for beginners. With a flowering time of around 8-10 weeks, Durban Poison grows extremely quickly. The one drawback could be that this weed strain grows quite big - this is not a problem when growing outdoors as this plant can be allowed to reach for the skies and spread to its fullest. However, if growing indoors, where you may have limited growing space, a way to solve this potential problem would be to use the Screen of Green (SCROG) method to restrict the height of the plant and still harvest bountiful yields.
- Jack Herer Feminized: An award-winning Sativa dominant strain named after one of the cannabis industry’s most legendary figures needs little introduction at this point. Jack Herer Feminized offers a lot to consumers and growers. Bred from Shiva Skunk, Haze, and Northern Lights #5, Jack Herer Feminized is extremely Sativa dominant and boasts a high THC content with around 22% THC. Often likened to champagne in terms of its status among cannabis plants, Jack Herer exhibits a unique range of flavors from earthy and peppery to sweet and tropical. While perhaps not for absolute beginners, Jack Herer Feminized is still relatively easy to grow as it is extremely hardy and can grow in a multitude of environments and climates - fending off disease, mold, mildew, and bugs efficiently. This means that this marijuana strain is extremely low maintenance. Whether growing indoors or outdoors, growers should have no problems with the environment.
- AK-47 Feminized: By mixing 3 of the best Sativa strains from South America, Mexico and Thailand with a pure Afghani breed to give it that slight (1% generally) Indica hit - AK-47 was born. Ak-47 is an incredible Sativa dominant hybrid known for its profound psychedelic and cerebral high, largely due to this weed strain’s relatively high THC content of around 18%. The THC content of AK-47 can vary, in fact at the 1999 High Times Cannabis Cup, a sample tested was shown to contain 21.5% THC which turned out to be the highest THC content of any strains in the competition that year. AK-47 is quite an easy marijuana strain to grow, taking 8-10 weeks, however, it does require some maintenance because it is highly sensitive to mold. Therefore, moisture levels and humidity must be monitored regularly, a good remedy for this is to make use of small fans which can also help control the strong odor these plants exude. AK-47 is a highly productive plant and has very high flower production and yields.
- Sour Diesel Feminized: A classic, award-winning strain known for its supreme potency and pungent smell. Sour Diesel produces a potent, energetic high which makes it perfect for a ‘wake and bake’, being a great replacement for coffee to get you up and active in the morning. A high THC content of up to 24% gives consumers the aforementioned cerebral high. The strong, sour, diesel odor of this cannabis strain has enticed consumers for decades, the citrus notes make this weed strain recognizable by smell alone. Similar to most Sativa strains, Sour Diesel grows tall and thin which can make it tricky to grow indoors, however, if you use the correct training methods you should be able to manipulate the plant and make it more manageable for growing indoors. For growing outdoors, Sour Diesel prefers warm climates so that it can grow as tall as it is supposed to. Sour Diesel is somewhat easy to grow but will require a little bit of monitoring because it is susceptible to mold and mildew. If you rear these plants then you will be rewarded with a high yielding cannabis plant full of potent buds covered in white, snow-like trichomes.
- Green Crack Feminized: Green Crack was originally called Green Kush before legendary rapper Snoop Dogg coined the term Green Crack because he, like many other cannabis consumers, fell in love with the potent, energizing high from this Sativa dominant strain. Widely considered to be among the best Sativa strains due to its citrus flavor and energy-boosting high - Green Crack is the perfect alternative to coffee in the morning. With an average THC content of 20%, it is not quite as potently psychoactive as other Sativa weed strains and allows for consumers to focus and go about their day feeling more uplifted. Moreover, Green Crack Sativa seeds are relatively easy to grow and are high yielding. These Sativa seeds produce huge colas which can end up bending the stems if not tended to correctly. With the right equipment, growing environment, and care, Green Crack is a joy to grow and come harvest time, growers can expect to harvest up to 28 ounces of top quality cannabis per plant.
Cannabis Sativa Seeds For Sale USA
It’s possible to buy cannabis seeds, primarily, in two ways; either from a walk-in store or from an online seed bank. If you’re in a city with stores selling seeds then the advantage would be getting your seeds instantly, however, if you want a large variety of different types of seeds then shopping with a trustworthy marijuana seed bank is undoubtedly your best option. Homegrown Cannabis Co. offers customers the widest variety of cannabis seeds available on the market.
- Check out our amazing selection of Sativa seeds right here and order your seeds today, all you need is a US address and access to one of the correct payment methods we use.
- We care about all of our customers, in fact, you can read thousands of real reviews from real customers here.
- We aim to help customers as much as possible during their growing experience, for us, our job does not just include selling seeds, we have numerous articles discussing the different aspects of growing cannabis and a Beginner’s Guide to Growing with Kyle Kushman series of videos.
Homegrown Cannabis Co. prides itself on being America’s premium seed bank - so we appreciate you taking the time to look at, and hopefully purchase from, our great selection of Sativa seeds today!