Cannabis Educator Shelly McKay is Co-Founder and Health & Wellness Director of Kannabis Works, a fully licensed California Dispensary in Santa Ana, Orange County.
She has a passion for the global medical research that continues to evolve our understanding and use of cannabis.
Shelly has worked with countless cultivators and distributors and her experience with medicinal cannabis, especially when it comes to health and wellness, is beyond compare.
A deeply-dedicated and driven cannabis entrepreneur, Shelly McKay has worked in the cannabis industry since 2016 in a variety of roles including business development, investment, product specialist, patient support and cannabis wellness coaching.
Shelly McKay’s medical credentials
Her credentials, when it comes to Wellness advice, are second to none, and we are delighted to have Shelly McKay as our chief Health and Wellness partner at the Homegrown Cannabis Co.
- Certified Cannabis Specialist
- Member of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians
- OC NORML member
- Former OC Women Grow Market Leader
- Americans for Safe Access
Educational Courses Taught by Shelly McKay:
- Green Flower Media – Subject Matter Expert – Cannabis Patient Care Certificate Program
- CSULB – Osher Lifelong Learning Institute – Healthy Not High
- Cannabis Dispensary Educator – Budtender Fight Club
- Medicinal Cannabis Educational Session for Clinicians – Collaboration with MaxLove Project
Courses & Certifications completed:
- Healer – Wellness Advisor via Dr. Dustin Sulak Certification Course
- Medical Cannabis Curriculum for Nurses through The Medical Cannabis Institute
- Green Flower Cannabis Fundamentals
- CannMed 2018 Pre-Conference CME Course
- Cannabinoids in Medicine CE Program
- RX for Prevention: Cannabis for LA County Providers
- St. Judes Medical Center SJMC Medical cannabis: A Clinical Focus CE
- Cannabis Nurses Network Certification Course – Rooted in Science, Nourished by Knowledge.
- ASA Cannabis Care Certification Patient & Caregiver Education Program
- Institute for Natural Resources – Marijuana & Cannabinoids: What Health Professionals Need to Know
Shelly’s collaboration with Homegrown Cannabis Co.
We’re looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Shelly, beginning with two awesome articles she wrote for us about the benefits of CBD.