Forget bring and shares—bring and blaze is superior in every way. Turn any gathering from drab to dab with exciting weed games that’ll keep your guests entertained and in “high” spirits.
We’ve compiled a guide to hosting the perfect cannabis game night plus tips to prevent players from getting too high. Ready to play? Why not roll up a fatty while you read through our list of epic stoner games. Ready. Set. Blow.
Weed games: 11 amazing games to play while high
Games turn up the fun-o-meter on anything—drinking, dancing, or smoking. The truth is most games we play as adults, albeit fun, end with a bucket or a breakup. Drinking games are notorious for causing long-term hangovers and riffs in friend circles.
What if you could have a party with less drama and more laughter? Invite your friends over for a weed game night that won’t leave you hungover (or single) the next morning.
Things to consider before playing weed games
Cannabis use may have only minor side effects, but you should consider a few things prior to playing any smoking games. Before inviting friends over, ensure driving arrangements are in place, so they don’t have to drive stoned or set up camp in your kitchen.
You should also consider how many guests you’re expecting because some pot games are more fun with a bigger crowd while others suit intimate groups.
The final thing to think about is how you’ll control the odor—you don’t want next door Ned ringing your bell at 2 am. If you’ve got an air-purifier or air-conditioner, keep it on for the duration of the cannabis games. You could also use a sploof to keep your smoking activities discreet.
Let the cannabis games begin
Now that you’ve prepared for everyone to have a lit time and leave safely, let’s get into the activities. Here are our top 11 weed games:
1. Puff Puff Pass
Also known as ‘The Schoolboy,’ this is one of the classic smoking games. It’s the stoner version of a relay race and doubles as a makeshift lung-capacity test.
- A long, fat blunt with a slow burn time.
How to play:
- Sit in a circle with your friends.
- Take a puff and hold the smoke in.
- Pass the joint to the left.
- Once the blunt gets back to you, exhale.
- If you let the smoke out before the blunt returns, you’re out.
2. Marijuana Movies
There are countless stoner movies, and by now, you’ve probably watched them all. Perhaps one of the easiest games to play while high, Marijuana Movies works with any amount of people, and everybody wins. This game is ideal for couch-lock strains like Gorilla Glue.
- A good stoner movie
- A blunt / bong (Works best if everyone has their own blunt)
How to play:
- Put the movie on and get comfortable.
- Pick a few magic words (pot, cannabis, blunt, toke, marijuana, high, etc.)
- Every time a character says one of the magic words, everyone takes a puff.
- By the end of the movie, all players win the prize of being high as kites.
If you don’t have stoner movies prepared, here are some treasured cannabis-themed movies to make the most of your weed smoking games:
- How high? (2001)
- Pineapple Express (2008)
- Harold and Kumar go to White Castle (2004)
- Up in Smoke (1978)
3. Medusa’s Stone
The myth says if Medusa stares at you, you’ll turn to stone. But what if you become stoned instead? This smoking game is the perfect activity for a Halloween or costume party but works in any setting. A bigger group makes for a more challenging and fun Medusa’s Stone session.
- A circle of friends
- A joint
- Everyone sits in a circle and puts their heads down.
- On the count of three, players raise their heads and stare at another player.
- If two people are staring at each other, they must shout ‘Medusa.’
- The first one to shout ‘Medusa’ wins and gets to take a hit.
4. Musical Marijuana
Let’s admit it: stoners have a great taste in music. Get your friends together and start up the ol’ mosh pit with this epic weed game. You won’t be headbanging this time, but your head will be banging with the beautiful buzz of cannabis.
- A song with repetitive lyrics
- A joint
- Turn on the jam of choice.
- Pick a magic lyric from the song.
- Every time the singer sings the magic word (e.g., jammin’), everyone must take a puff.
- All players win free tickets to a one-night-only performance of ‘Higher than Kites,’ starring whoever plays this smoking game.
Don’t have a popping playlist full of stoner songs? We got you, borrow one of these ones:
- “Jammin’” by Bob Marley & The Wailers (Magic word: jammin’)
- “Sweet Leaf” by Black Sabbath (magic words: oh yeah, sweet leaf)
- “I Wanna Be Sedated” by The Ramones (magic words: I wanna be sedated)
- “Single Ladies” by Beyonce’ (magic words: uh oh)
5. Strip Choker
Things are about to get a lil’ heated, and no, we’re not talking about hotboxing. Strip Choker is one of the most seductive games to play while high, perfect for a party of two (or more?). Grab your partner, and get ready to rock your birthday suit!
- A blunt/ bong
- Clothes to take off
How to play:
- Pass the bong around; everyone needs to take deep pulls.
- If someone chokes, coughs, or clears their throat, they have to remove a piece of clothing.
- The person with the most clothes on wins whatever prize you’d like to give them (nudge, nudge, wink wink).
N.B. Please, don’t make this weird. Make sure your guests are comfortable and prepared with decent underwear. It’s not a good idea to just spring this cannabis game up on anyone—you don’t want to see Spongebob underwear, right?
6. Wheel of Weed
Get your paper and crayons ready for this crafty creation. It’s one of the most exciting games to play while high. Channel your inner Pat Sajak, but instead of spinning the Wheel of Fortune, you’ll spin the Wheel of Weed.
- A spinner board (or make your own)
- A marker
- Anything else to decorate the board
- Blunts, bongs, or whichever devices or strains you wrote on the wheel
- Write different tasks on the board like truth, dare, hit the blunt, take a fat toke, re-spin, etc. To make it more exciting, you can add different strains to the options.
- Spin the wheel for each player.
- Wherever the arrow lands, the player must do what it says.
- Everyone wins here, but add some ‘losses’ if you want to make this smoking game more challenging. Some examples are ‘skip a turn’ or ‘donate one of your blunts.’
7. Never Have I Ever
Notorious for revealing dark secrets, ‘Never Have I Ever’ is a must-play drinking game. Now it can be one of the popular bong smoking games too. Imagine finding out your friend got arrested for skinny dipping—bonding over a bong and strange stories; what could be better?
- A blunt
- Friends with crazy life experiences
- A bunch of ‘never have I ever’ statements.
How to play:
- Take turns saying a never have I ever statement.
- Players who’ve done the action take a puff of the blunt.
- The person who takes the most puffs is the ‘loser,’ but they get to smoke the most weed, so maybe they’re the real winner.
8. Race to the Finished Joint
Weed rolling games are your chance to show off your master rolling skills. You could turn it into a joint-rolling competition and have some friends play judges.
- Rolling paper
- Filter material
- Ground bud
- A timer or stopwatch
- Evenly distribute all the ingredients between players.
- Set a timer for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Once the time starts, players must roll a joint as fast as possible.
- The one who finishes first wins this weed game, or the judges can decide the winner based on blunt characteristics.
9. Try Not to Laugh
One of the simplest yet most difficult weed games is the try not to laugh challenge. All you need to do is get stupid high, look at each other, and try not to laugh or smile. If you laugh, you’re out, and the last person not laughing wins.
Try using strains that induce laughter like Chemdawg #4 to make it more challenging and fun. You could easily turn this into one of the funniest weed games online by watching try not to laugh videos on YouTube. This game also works well on a Zoom call.
10. Bong Pong
Similar to Beer Pong, Bong Pong follows the same premise but uses weed instead of alcohol. Some brave souls choose to play normal beer pong but just take a toke of cannabis for each win.
- Plastic beer tumblers
- A small ball
- Fully packed bong
- Water, alcohol (optional), or some gross drink (optional)
How to play:
- Place cups on the table in beer pong fashion.
- Try to bounce the ball into one of the cups.
- If you land a ball in a cup, take a big hit from the bong.
- Your opponent has to drink whatever’s in the cup (water, beer, or even disgusting drinks as punishment).
11. Bong Builder
Unleash your inner MacGyver with Bong Builder. It’s one of the best weed games to end the night because all guests can take their creations home as souvenirs. To play, you’ll need to collect a pile of DIY bong materials, such as:
- Empty water bottles
The aim is for each player to construct a bong within a set amount of time. All players must try the homemade bongs and vote for the best one. In this stoner game, everyone wins a souvenir to enjoy or laugh at later.
How to avoid getting too high while playing weed-smoking games
The downfall of weed games is they can go downhill quickly if any player consumes more than they can handle. Here are some tips to prevent this:
- Smoke flowers only. Concentrates are infamous for being potent and causing side effects. Dry herb gives a more stable high, allowing you to play for longer.
- Use low THC strains. Potent strains are likely to turn your weed party into a sleepover if you overdo it. Good options include Blue Dream Feminized, Harlequin Feminized, and Northern Lights Feminized.
- Don’t mix substances. Weed and alcohol don’t go well together, though experienced smokers can handle it better. If you plan on playing many pot games, then avoid mixing as they cause sedation in high quantities.
- Have CBD oil and black pepper on hand. Many weed smokers swear CBD oil and a sniff of black pepper can un-high anyone. If someone overdoes it, just give her a bottle of pepper and a few drops of CBD.
Not getting high enough is also a possible fun spoiler. Let your guests know in advance to bring some of their favorite buds so your gathering won’t run out.
Let the weed games begin
Smoking games add spice to your daily toking routine and spark up chill sessions with friends. Now that you’ve read our list and tips for marijuana activities, you’re ready for the dopest gaming session of your life.
The secret to hosting the greatest stoner games is puffing on excellent strains that produce a stable high. Your buddies deserve the best quality buds, so why not grow them yourself?
Since these games involve ripping through vast amounts of bud, why not peruse our selection of high CBD / low THC cannabis seeds to fire up your night? The stakes are high—play safe!
About the author: Parker Curtis
Parker Curtis has around a decade of cannabis-growing experience, specialising in soil-less and hydro grows. He’s mastering outdoor, greenhouse, and indoor grows.