The Blackwater strain is an indica leaning hybrid and an ideal strain for those looking for a de-stressor after a long, hard day. This strain’s delicious taste and fragrant, fruity aromas, combined with its potent effect, make it a great night-time smoke.
a perfect Netflix and chill weed, the Blackwater strain instills a calm, dream-like high, melting all the days’ worries away. You better have snacks prepared when lighting up this beauty because you’ll be sucked into a ravenous couch lock within the first few tokes.
Blackwater strain description
Unlike the legendary Game of Thrones battle, the Blackwater weed strain is much more chilled-out. When you take your first toke of a Blackwater blunt, you’ll feel a mellow head high that’ll sink through your body, leaving you in the ultimate relaxation mode. We recommend Blackwater kush as a night-time strain thanks to the dreamy state you’ll experience.
A grower’s dream, Blackwater weed boasts colorful, dense buds filled with trichomes. This plant’s resin-rich flowers will have anyone drooling at the sight of Blackwater OG strain buds. Your first impression when rolling with the Blackwater strain will be its sweet grape and berry aromas. When you light up, you’ll be hit by a smooth lemon and pine taste, leaving your taste buds tingling.
Don’t let this moderate THC levels fool you. Blackwater marijuana packs quite the punch if you overindulge. One too many pulls and you might find yourself melting into the nearest surface.
Medical marijuana patients use the physical numbing effects of the Blackwater marijuana strain to treat chronic pain and multiple sclerosis. Please note we are not medical professionals, and it’s always best to consult your medical practitioner before self-medicating with some Blackwater weed.
Let’s have an overview of this cultivar before we get into specifics of how to grow and buy it:
- Type: Heavily indica dominant hybrid
- THC: 18 – 20 %
- CBD: 1%
- Top reported effects: Mellow, relaxed, pain relief
- Top reported flavors: Berry, grape, lemon
- Dominant terpene: Myrcene
- Flowering time: 8 –10 weeks
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Yield: 1.5oz per sq foot indoors, 19oz per plant outdoors
Blackwater strain grow information
The Blackwater strain is moderately difficult to grow as it has some specific needs to flourish.
Those who live in a warm, semi-humid climate can effortlessly grow Blackwater marijuana in an outside setting. This strain prefers daytime temps of up to 75°F and doesn’t do well in colder areas. You’ll also need to choose your outdoor spot wisely as this strain enjoys direct sunlight throughout the day.
If the climate is less than ideal in your area, you may want to consider growing your Blackwater cannabis strain indoors or in a greenhouse. If you grow inside, you’ll have more control of the environment and can ensure optimal climatic conditions for your plants. The Blackwater strain has a short, bushy profile and does well in small spaces, so enclosed environments tend to suit it well.
When cultivating Blackwater marijuana, you’ll want to consider the following:
- Trimming. Thanks to its bushy structure, you’ll need to trim away any thick, sun-blocking leaves.
- Temperature. If you live in a colder climate and can’t ensure daytime temperatures of 75°F, it’ll be better to grow this strain indoors.
- Humidity. With the Blackwater marijuana strain preferring humid climates, it’s important to keep an eye out for bud rot and treat it as fast as possible if it starts.
Blackwater strain genetics
If you’re contemplating creating your own Blackwater strain, you might be interested to know where it comes from. This indica leaning hybrid was developed by crossing Mendocino Purps with San Fernando Valley Kush.
Let’s take a look at the parentage of the Blackwater cannabis strain.
Blackwater seeds to buy near you
If you’re looking for high-quality seeds to buy without the efforts and extra cost of locating a dispensary, we’ve got you covered. Our online dispensary offers unrivaled customer service, high-quality seeds, and door-to-door deliveries.
We don’t yet have any Blackwater strain seeds to buy, but let’s look at some of the strains we have available from the Blackwater cannabis strain lineage.
- Hindu Kush regular. Here we have a potent great-grandparent to the Blackwater strain with a similar buzz. Go old-school with these regular seeds.
- San Fernando Valley Kush Feminized. Are you looking for one of the parents of the Blackwater strain without unnecessary males pollinating your girls? These are the ladies for you!
- OG Kush Autoflower. This Blackwater grandparent is for those who don’t quite have their light schedules down. These autoflower beauties will flower for you without needing specific schedules.
If you’ve been left anxious to get your hands on some Blackwater cannabis seeds and start your very own weed paradise, why not visit our Homegrown Diaries page and track all your plant’s progression? For advice, the newest strains and to keep up with all the latest practices, check out our Homegrown Forum.
About the author: Parker Curtis
Parker Curtis has around a decade of cannabis-growing experience, specialising in soil-less and hydro grows. He’s mastering outdoor, greenhouse, and indoor grows.