Blueberry Strain Information & Review
Blueberry strain is an Indica-dominant cannabis hybrid that has achieved legendary status over the years. Its buds contain colorful hues that produce dazzling crystal trichomes. It has won several awards, including the Best Indica Strain at High Time’s 2000 Cannabis Cup.
If you want to experience a hazy sea of calm sweep over you while feeling happy emotions swell inside you, this is the perfect strain for you. Would you like to learn more about this popular plant and learn how to cultivate it yourself?
Our Blueberry Strain review will give you all the information you need on this berry beauty.
Blueberry strain (aka DJ Short Blueberry)
The Blueberry strain has been around since the ‘70s when marijuana growers experimented with cross-breeding plants from various strains to create different hybrids.
The Blue family has produced numerous strains and includes the popular Blueberry Muffin strain, Blue Cookies strain, Blueberry Pie strain, and Blueberry Cookies strain.
Here’s a bit of Blueberry strain info before we explore the magical effects it has on your body and mind:
Blueberry strain flavour & effects
Blueberry got its name because of its sweet berry aroma and its luscious purple and blue-colored buds. This Indica strain has a high THC content of over 20%, giving a potent hit that continues to impress veteran smokers to this day.
The Blueberry strain is what you need if you find yourself dragging your heels in the door after a stressful day. Throw on your favorite pajamas and slippers, kick back, and allow the effects to creep slowly upon you, melting you into a sea of calmness. Your body will enter a deep state of relaxation, easing those tense muscles.
Your mind will dissolve all those negative thoughts, and your anxieties will disappear in a gentle hazy wave. You’ll feel euphoric and stress-free, and your mind will be quilted with uplifting, positive vibes.
The effects of the Blueberry OG strain are ideal for folk who find themselves prone to chronic anxiety, depression, and fatigue. It’s also an Indica that won’t leave you couch-locked.
Blueberry strain grow information
The Blueberry thrives in the natural outdoors, but it may cause you some quirky challenges if you’re a new cultivator who wants to achieve the maximum yield. The good news for beginners is that you can quickly grow it without much effort if you’re not worried about high yields.
You can give your seeds a little strength boost in the early stages by growing them in a greenhouse before transferring them outdoors to sunbathe and absorb all of nature’s free resources.
The Blueberry strain seeds have an 8 – 10 week flowering time. They’ll be ready for harvest by mid-October, where you can reap the rewards for your hard work. You can expect to get up to 25 ounces per plant outdoors and up to 18 ounces per plant indoors.
Blueberry requires space to flourish, and the strain can reach heights of over 100cm outdoors. She is also resistant to pests and diseases, which will aid you in your cultivating journey.
Let’s take a look at some techniques you can use to ensure your plant grows to its full potential:
- Climate: Although the Blueberry marijuana strain loves the sunshine and grows well in warmer climates, it can also withstand colder nighttime temperatures. You’ll get higher yields if you grow your cannabis seeds outdoors.
- Nutrients: The Blueberry cannabis strain needs high nitrogen levels. You should prepare your soil in advance before moving her from your greenhouse to the outdoors. You can enrich the soil by using a high-grade fertilizer to provide your plants with the necessary nutrients.
- Pruning: If you carefully prune it into a bush shape, you’ll increase your buds and free up space. You can also top your plants to increase blueberry strain yields and carefully prune the inside of the plant to increase airflow and stop mildew from taking over.
- SOG or SCROG: If you choose to grow indoors, the strain is perfect for both methods. As long as you have a decent hydroponic setup, you can achieve maximum indoor yields with your plant’s heights reaching 50cm to 100cm.
Blueberry strain genetics
Blueberry owes its origins to DJ Short, who successfully bred the strain by experimenting with different landrace strains from North America.
The Blueberry weed strain is known as being Indica-dominant, and it’s an 80% Indica and 20% Sativa hybrid.
Its genetic history is complicated due to the amount of cross-breeding during the late ‘70s, but it’s a combination of the following:
Blueberry strain seeds to buy near you
There are so many versions of Blueberry cannabis seeds for you to buy. If you like the sound of this classic strain and want to give it a shot, check out our Homegrown Store for the following:
- Blueberry Regular: The classic strain will tickle your taste buds as you enjoy the sweet berry flavor while enjoying a happy, soothing high
- Autoflower Blueberry: You can enjoy quick growth times in as little as 8 – 10 weeks from seeds to harvest
- Blueberry Feminized: You won’t have to worry about trouble with the ladies with these feminized seeds
That’s only the tip of the iceberg. You may even want to check out other Blueberry weed strains, such as the Blueberry Kush strain. Browse our store and discover the best Blueberry stains today.
Eat, drink, and be berry
It’s time for you to take advantage of all that berry goodness and start your journey today. You can subscribe to Homegrown Diaries, where you can track your growing progress and learn helpful tips and advice.
The Blueberry Homegrown Diary has everything you need for a successful cultivation.
If you want to know why this classic strain continues to impress seasoned users to this day, why don’t you satisfy your curiosity? Beat the blues with the Blueberry strain, and embrace the magic this beauty will provide you.
Our Homegrown Forum will keep you in the loop with the latest techniques. Who knows? You may unearth even more surprises and discover many more exciting facts.
About the author: Derek LaRose
Also known as Kronic from The Cannabis Kronicles, Derek LaRose is a young ambitious cultivator and a staple educator for indoor cultivation.