The Kimbo Kush strain is an indica-dominant hybrid that induces a potent physical and mental high. Whether you’re buying buds or cultivating them yourself, you’re in for a treat.
Kimbo Kush cannabis strain seeds grow into robust plants with gorgeous flowers. The large, dense buds develop a slight purple tint under certain conditions and make for a beautiful aesthetic.
Growers can taste delectable flavors and potent effects, all the while growing a very pretty plant.
Kimbo Kush strain
Breeders named the Kimbo Kush marijuana strain after the famous MMA fighter Kimbo Slice. Like the person, these buds can land a knockout punch on the first round if you’re careless.
Many consumers and growers fall into the trap of underestimating the Kimbo Kush. To ensure you don’t jump in at the deep end, let’s look at the Kimbo Kush strain specs:
- Type: Hybrid 70% indica / 30% sativa
- THC: 20–29%
- CBD: <1%
- Top reported effects: Happy, sleepy, pain relief, uplifting
- Top reported flavors: Berry, earthy, citrus, woody
- Dominant Terpene: Myrcene
- Flowering time: 8–12 Weeks
- Difficulty: Medium
- Yield: 18 oz/m2 indoors, 22 oz per plant outdoors.
Kimbo Kush strain effects
As a 70/30 indica/sativa hybrid strain, Kimbo Kush induces strong physical and mental effects. The Kimbo Kush strain THC percentage of 20–29% also means that these buds pack a punch reminiscent of Kimbo Slices’ left hook.
Fortunately, instead of delivering pain, these flowers provide pain relief. Many consumers report that a few tokes of the Kimbo Kush weed strain reduce headaches and chronic pain.
Medical marijuana consumers that rely on sleeping medication may find the perfect alternative. The sleepiness effects assist many insomniacs in finding the rest they deserve.
Consumers usually experience a surge of happiness as the cannabinoids work their magic. Patients suffering from depression often claim that these effects provide them with the boost they need to face the day.
Smokers who want lighter effects without potent sleepiness should smoke slowly. The incredibly high THC content of these buds can knock even the most hardcore stoner to the ground.
Consuming too much Kimbo Kush marijuana can cause your eyes to become red and dry. If you had one toke too many, set down the joint and allow it some time to give you relief.
Like any strong weed, Kimbo Kush cannabis induces an intense urge to devour anything in sight. Have some snacks nearby to stop yourself from munching the closest edible thing in the room. You should also have water or juice to hand to fend off the strong cotton mouth feeling.
Nighttime is the right time if you want to experience the more potent sedative effects of the Kimbo Kush. Indica-dominant hybrids are notorious for turning people into couch potatoes.
Kimbo Kush strain flavors
A combination of chemicals known as terpenes gives people various amazing smells and flavors whenever they grow or smoke Kimbo Kush cannabis.
These terpenes create a mouth-watering mixture of fresh, zesty lemon-berry flavors and earthy, herbal undertones. Let’s explore the Kimbo Kush strain info to learn about this strain’s terpenes:
- Myrcene has a combination of earthy, herbal flavors.
- Limonene creates various citrus scents and tastes.
- Caryophyllene has a very strong peppery flavor.
Kimbo Kush strain grow information
The Kimbo Kush cannabis strain is an amazing plant to cultivate. Growers can expect gorgeous cultivars with strong limbs and hefty, dense colas. The dominant indica genes are responsible for thick branch growth. As a result, cultivators rarely need to provide additional support.
Newbies should stick to feminized Kimbo Kush strain seeds if they want lenient plants with high yields. Regular seeds allow breeders to grow males and create their own hybrids.
The Kimbo Kush strain flowering time varies depending on the variant you use. Regular versions may have a longer flowering time than autoflowering versions.
Nutrients, lights, and various other factors affect blooming times. The Kimbo Kush can flower between 8 and 12 weeks, depending on which seeds you use and other influencing factors.
As with their flowering time, Kimbo Kushs’ height depends on the variant, nutrients, and sunlight available. Some plants hover around 39 inches, whereas others reach up to 59 inches.
Fortunately, growers can rest assured their plants will never become as tall as some typical sativas that reach 6 feet. Still, you can expect to yield 18 oz/m2 indoors and 22 oz per plant outdoors.
Fan leaves of the Kimbo Kush weed strain are thick and broad with a dark green tint. The buds have a lighter appearance and take on a purple tint when exposed to cold temperatures.
Let’s look at the Kimbo Kush info you need to remember when you start cultivating your crop:
- Temperature. Kimbo Kush cannabis plants like a temperature range of around 72 and 80℉. During the flowering period, growers can drop the “night” temperatures to increase the purple tint.
- Lighting. Each Kimbo Kush strain version has different lighting requirements. Regardless of which variant you use, your plants will always need at least 9 hours of sunlight every day.
- Humidity. Indoor growers should keep the relative humidity of their grow room around 50–60% to prevent mold. If the air is too humid, you can add dehumidifiers to balance the moisture.
- Water. Water your Kimbo Kush plants when the soil is dry, but never allow them to dry out. You should also avoid overwatering, as it can cause irreparable root damage.
- Nutrition and pH. Always feed your plants the correct amount of nutrients and avoid overfeeding them. You should also constantly check soil pH and keep it at 5.5–6.5.
- Where and when. The Kimbo Kush weed strain doesn’t care where you plant it, as long as you care for it well. Indoor and greenhouse growers should use climate control, and outdoor growers should stick to summer as their growing season.
Kimbo Kush strain genetics
The Kimbo Kush genetics offers a glimpse at a truly amazing heritage. With parent strains like Blackberry Kush and Starfighter, it’s no wonder this baby rocketed to the top of the charts.
Starfighter genes offer the intense cerebral effects that consumers experience in the Kimbo Kush strain. Similarly, Blackberry Kush genes create an incredibly fruity bud that leaves consumers drooling.
Kimbo Kush strain seeds to buy near you
When you think: “Where can I get Kimbo Kush strain seeds near me?” think: “Homegrown Store.” Not only will you find a massive range of seeds and products, but you can also order from anywhere in the USA and enjoy discreet delivery.
Whether you’re looking for feminized, autoflowering, or regular Kimbo Kush seeds, the Homegrown store has it all.
Kimbo Kush strain and you
Whenever you buy Kimbo Kush strain seeds, you should monitor your progress. If you create and follow a Kimbo Kush Homegrown Diary, you can track your plant development to optimize your cultivation.
You can also visit the Homegrown Forum to read about various growing techniques. Join the canna community to learn, share, and explore Kimbo Kush pics and tips.
So grab your garden shovel and get planting!
About the author: Derek LaRose
Also known as Kronic from The Cannabis Kronicles, Derek LaRose is a young ambitious cultivator and a staple educator for indoor cultivation.