Growers familiar with the LA Kush Cake strain understand the premium cultivation and smoking experience. Newbies can expect the LA Kush Cake strain to deliver beautiful, flavorful buds.
As the plants mature, every crispy, purple bud oozes with resin that carries a stack of THC and delectable scents. Whether you’re a newbie or a veteran “pot-head,” these flowers will blow you away.
LA Kush Cake strain
Many consumers underestimate the LA Kush Cake cannabis strain. Although these babies look pretty and fragile, they’ll knock your consciousness into next year.
Luckily, LA Kush Cake is very forgiving and rarely overwhelms consumers. Instead, you may find yourself laughing on your couch before a nap.
Let’s look at the LA Kush Cake’s various awesome aspects:
- Type: Hybrid 65% indica / 35% sativa
- THC: 18–25%
- CBD: <1%
- Top reported effects: Relaxing, uplifting, euphoric, pain relief.
- Top reported flavors: Earthy, herbal, citrus, floral, pepper
- Dominant Terpene: Beta caryophyllene
- Flowering time: 7–13 Weeks
- Difficulty: Medium
- Yields: High (Amounts vary depending on growing methods)
LA Kush Cake effects
LA Kush Cake is a 65/35 indica/sativa hybrid that induces intense cerebral and physical effects. Rocking up to 25% THC adds a hefty punch to these buds, which may leave you temporarily glued to your couch.
Medical cannabis consumers report that the uplifting and happy effects of the LA Kush Cake strain help with psychological conditions such as depression. Similarly, patients with insomnia and anxiety say that these buds lead to a calm, relaxing evening and a decent night’s sleep.
The LA Kush Cake strain offers a stronger relaxing rather than energizing high. Casual smokers should practice moderation to avoid the more intense effects, encouraging you to write your day off rather than go on an adventure.
Although consumers may feel utterly relaxed, they won’t necessarily feel tired. While the more intense effects may lead to a nap, smokers generally experience a more “happy-relaxed” feeling than a “pass-out-on-the-couch” sensation.
LA Kush Cake has a potent THC level that kicks in moments after smokers take the first puff. Smoke slowly to experience the best effects without becoming too sleepy and calling it a day.
Smoking too much of the LA Kush Cake may cause red, dry eyes. Fortunately, blinking often and keeping eye drops nearby can provide relief when your eyes start feeling like the desert.
The LA Kush Cake strain is notorious for giving smokers hardcore munchies. Have snacks nearby to satisfy the craving without emptying your fridge.
Consumers may experience a strong sensation of cottonmouth as the effects kick in. Some water, juice, coffee, or tea can be a lifesaver once your tongue starts feeling like sandpaper.
Whether you’re having a movie night, need a metaphorical “chill-pill,” or simply wish to relax on the patio with a joint and a cup of coffee, the LA Kush Cake cannabis strain is the perfect bud.
LA Kush Cake flavors
LA Kush Cake cannabis has an incredible range of flavors and colors. Each of these comes from terpenes that produce various scents, pigments, and tastes.
In different quantities and concentrations, terpenes provide varying aromas. Let’s look at what gives the LA Kush Cake strain its’ mouth-watering flavors:
- Limonene has strong lemon and citrus scents.
- Caryophyllene creates peppery flavors with a spicy kick.
- Linalool produces fresh, flowery aromas like lavender.
- Myrcene has a combination of earthy, herbal flavors.
- Alpha Humulene carries various herbal, spicy, earthy scents.
- Alpha Pinene produces strong pine smells reminiscent of forests.
LA Kush Cake strain grow information
The LA Kush Cake cannabis strain offers cultivators a once-in-a-lifetime growing experience. A combination of strong genes and high yields make these babies the perfect variant.
As an indica dominant hybrid, the LA Kush Cake benefits from both sativa and indica genetics. The branches become robust, while the foliage remains quite sparse.
Feminized cannabis seeds offer growers a higher chance of cultivating females. As a result, cultivators don’t need to worry about unnecessary males and can focus on growing big buds.
Depending on the variant you use and environmental factors, the LA Kush Cake strain flowering time varies. Autoflower marijuana seeds usually have a very strict flowering time and rarely grow longer than their predetermined lifespan.
Growers can manipulate the lifecycle of regular and feminized cannabis strains because they’re more susceptible to external influence. On average, the flowering time of the LA Kush Cake is between 7 and 13 weeks.
Auto LA Kush Cake cannabis often doesn’t grow as tall as their regular or feminized counterparts. Like most auto seeds, they generally reach up to 39 inches tall.
Feminized and regular LA Kush Cake cannabis seeds grow into taller plants, often reaching up to 59 inches. Indoor and outdoor growers rarely need to top their plants to keep them small.
Kush Cake cannabis shares the indica traits of similar strains. The leaves are fairly broad and are dark green. The buds, however, are a lime-green color with specks of purple.
We’re yet to find an exact yield, but we can tell you they’re heavy—something to look forward to at harvest.
The LA Kush Cake needs some very specific measures to thrive. Here’s everything you should remember while cultivating your La Kush Cake cannabis strain.
- Temperature. LA Kush Cake cannabis plants need a consistent temperature range of between 70 and 82℉. To create the purple tint, cultivators should drop the temperatures to around 63℉ at night.
- Lighting. Each LA Kush Cake strain version needs different amounts of light to perform at its peak. To ensure you always give them enough light, set your cycle to a minimum of 9 hours of light per day.
- Humidity. Unlike outdoors, indoor growers can control the humidity of their grow room. Relative humidity levels of 50–60% will prevent mold development.
- Water. LA Kush Cake plants can become quite thirsty when they reach maturity. Check their soil regularly, and only water them when the ground is dried out.
- Nutrition and pH. LA Kush Cake marijuana plants need plenty of nutrients to produce top-quality buds. The soil acidity should also stay around 5.6–6.6 for optimal nutrient intake.
- Place and time. The LA Kush Cake cannabis strain thrives in any medium with sufficient nutrients and light. Indoor growers can mimic outdoor environments, while outdoor growers should stick to summer.
LA Kush Cake genetics
LA Kush Cake cannabis is a genetic wonderchild of the Kush Mints and Wedding Cake cannabis strains. So, is the LA Kush Cake strain indica or sativa? Well, it’s neither, and both.
Breeders took the best aspects of sativa and indica strains from both parents to create a delectable strain with potent THC levels and vigorous bud production. Kush Mints genes create delectable zesty, minty flavors that sweeten Wedding Cake’s spicy, earthy scent.
LA Kush Cake strain seeds to buy near you
Anyone that wants high-quality LA Kush Cake cannabis strain seeds should visit the Homegrown Store. Growers can order their choice of feminized, regular, or autoflowering seeds from a massive range of products anywhere in the United States.
LA Kush Cake, and you
Whether you’re a newbie, veteran, or just a casual gardener, keeping an LA Kush Cake Homegrown Diary helps you keep an eye on your progress and optimize harvests.
Join the Homegrown Forum to share your growing experience with fellow cannabis enthusiasts in an open, friendly community. Time to order those LA Kush Cake strain seeds and grow your ganja.
About the author: Derek LaRose
Also known as Kronic from The Cannabis Kronicles, Derek LaRose is a young ambitious cultivator and a staple educator for indoor cultivation.