The Halloween season is one of the most fun and exciting part of the year. For sweet-toothed souls out there, it is also wickedly sinful. And, with the death by cannabis-infused chocolate cupcakes, they are about to commit the fudgiest and most decadent of caloric crimes. Its THC-filled variant turns trick-or-treaters into high-minded creatures of 420 Elm Street. The CBD-loaded version, on the other hand, gives the clarity of mind that allows Dr. Jekyll to suppress Mr. Hyde.
Death by Choco-weed cupcakes are shockingly easy to make and design. Plus, if you really have to go, there is no better way to do it than with this mind-altering dessert. It is rich, fudgy, and has intense chocolatiness, but is not overly sweet. And, although it is Halloween, this truly takes you to heaven in every bite.
Kill It In The Kitchen
For this recipe, we used half an ounce of cannabis oil created using a marijuana strain with an average THC level of 10%. Each serving has about 30 mg of THC. If you want to also start from scratch, find your perfect partner from these low and medium THC strains. If, however, you wish to take the health-boosting but equally mouthwatering route, feel free to choose from our high-CBD and extremely high CBD menu.
Now, let’s go kill this baking thing!
Prepare The Cupcakes
- 20 oz dark chocolate cake mix
- 2 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup cannabis-infused oil
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- In a large bowl, pour the dry cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, cannabis oil, espresso or coffee, and eggs. Thoroughly mix until smooth and well-blended, but do not overbeat as the batter should be thick. Add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Fill the cupcake cups a little more than half full. We recommend using an ice cream scoop as it makes filling the baking cups quick, easy, and neat.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cupcake tops spring back when pressed with your finger.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and the pan. Let them cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Whip The Ganache Frosting
- 11 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Melt the chocolate bits using a double boiler or a stainless steel bowl over simmering water. Stir until completely melted smooth. Do not stir too vigorously as not to whip air into the ganache. It needs to be thick.
- Remove from the heat and let the chocolate cool slightly.
- Add the sour cream and stir to blend. Let it cool for another 10 minutes or so.
- Using a small spatula, spread the ganache on top of the cupcakes. It doesn’t need to be even and perfect.
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 24 oval-shaped cookies (Should not be dark-colored. The usual caramel beige is best.)
- black edible marker
- Crush chocolate sandwich cookies into fine crumbs. Feel free to use a food processor or blender to do this faster.
- Dip the frosted cookie top into the cookie crumbs. Cover the surface completely.
- Remove the bottom of some of the oval cookies, so they can be in different sizes.
- Using the edible marker, write “RIP” on each of the cookies.
- Press cookies onto the cupcakes. If the cookies do not stand, add a little melted ganache as glue.
Hallo-Weed Death Wish
Death by cannabis-infused chocolate cupcakes is one wish marijuana enthusiasts would be dying to have. And why not? Every bite of this mini dessert delights the taste buds with a chocolate explosion. Plus, it’s a badass Hallo-weed food idea that delivers the psychoactive effect of THC or the health benefits of CBD. With this treat, adults can bring back the fun in Allhallows while also satisfying both their cannabis needs and sugar cravings.