Edibles are a tasty way to consume marijuana. Brownies are the most popular example, but the skills and time needed to make them sometimes push people to smoke the weed instead. There are other treats that are as enjoyable, though, and requires less effort to make. One such treat is the firecracker, sort of like a s’more but with peanut butter and weedinstead of chocolate and marshmallow.
How To Make Firecrackers
Firecrackers are one of the easiest edibles one can prepare at home. It requires minimal ingredients and not much baking time, but it is still tasty and enjoyable to eat. The snack can undoubtedly provide that buzz stoners are looking for on a Saturday night. This easy firecracker recipeis perfect for when the brownies are a hassle to do or when there are not many ingredients available.
Firecrackers only need three ingredients, and these are usually readily available at home:
- 0.4-0.6 grams of buds
- Peanut butter (or Nutella, if preferred)
- Graham crackers
This recipe also uses the following materials:
The recipe makes one sandwich and serves one person. A higher amount of buds can be used for a stronger kick, and the recipe can be easily adjusted according to the number of people.
Crackers. The best choice would be graham crackers with higher fat content. However, any would do great. Ritz crackers are good to use as well.
Buds. For the best results, using high-quality weed is the best way to go. It also applies to about anything else. However, this firecrackers recipe will still work with any grade.
Peanut Butter. The fat content is crucial here since the weed bonds to the fat. For this reason, it is better to avoid the typical brand of peanut butter. Instead, go for a natural and organic variant. There should be no other ingredient except for peanuts.
It also needs to be smooth for the oil to properly absorb the THC compound. Thus, chunky peanut butter is a no go as well. An alternative is Nutella, which works and tastes as great. Some people get creative with it and combine Nutella and peanut butter.
Once the ingredients and materials are on hand, it is time to make the firecrackers.
- Preheat the oven.Before doing anything else, the oven must first be preheated to 320°F/160°C. While it heats up, the firecracker should then be prepared.
- Grind the bud. For this step, using a grinder, scissors, or the hands would work, but the buds must be chopped as fine as possible. A consistency close to dust is preferred.
- Assemble the firecrackers. The next step is to take a square of cracker and then spread peanut butter, Nutella, or a peanut butter-Nutella mix on it. Next, the ground up buds must be sprinkled evenly on the surface of the peanut butter. Another cracker, which can also be peanut butter-covered, goes on top to make a sandwich.
Variations:Some people like using a toothpick to stir and fold in the weed to the peanut butter after sprinkling it. Others like mixing up the weed and the peanut butter in a bowl before spreading the mixture on the crackers.
Whichever method is applied, the key takeaway is that all the pieces must be in contact with the fat for it to extract and absorb the THC.
- Wrap it in foil. The sandwich should then be wrapped entirely in foil. The foil is essential so that it traps the THC (and the smell) within.
- 5. Place the firecrackers in the oven. At this point, the oven should be nicely preheated. The firecrackers wrapped in foil can now be baked for 20-25 minutes. Unlike other baked edibles, firecrackers do not stink up the place.
- Take it out. After taking it out of the oven, the firecrackers should be allowed to cool down for a while before removing the foil wrappers. After which, it is ready to be enjoyed.
The most important thing here is that the THC is adequately infused with the fat, so beyond that, the recipe is open for experimentations. Adding honey or chocolate before eating the firecrackers, for example, can take the experience further.
While that can satisfy the taste buds, it is also essential to hold back from eating another one too soon. It is better to wait for 30 – 45 minutes for the high to kick in first before deciding whether a second one is necessary. If done correctly, though, this recipe is guaranteed to provide the expected effects.