Growing marijuana plants can be beneficial. Marijuana has different requirements, just like the way you would care for plants. Some people find loads of information online, which are confusing, leaving them wondering how to plant weed seeds in the right way. With more than 2000 marijuana strains out there, so you must choose the right kind of environment and soil if you want the plant to survive.
How Can I Grow Marijuana Seeds?
After buying your marijuana seeds, it is time to start growing. There are many ways to grow seeds (in soil, in starter plugs, in a wet paper towel). Follow the steps below to learn how to grow marijuana seeds in a wet paper towel.
- Cut the paper tissue towel in four portions.
- Wet the paper towels, and make sure that it is not soaked.
- Put two of the paper towel on a dish.
- Place the marijuana seeds to grow apart from each other.
- Cover the seeds with the remaining two sheets of wet paper towels.
Use a different dish and flip it over to cover the seeds to form a dark space, and maintain a high humidity to moisturize. This environment is the best for growing weed seeds.
Things To Avoid When Planting Weed Seeds
Beginners tend to be too keen or too eager to see how the seeds are germinating, leading them to miss out or overdo something that can be harmful to the seedlings. Below are things to avoid if you want your weed seeds to germinate fast.
- Don't fertilize the seedlings
- Don't cover the pots with plastic
- Don't use the wrong type of soil
- Don't use too little or too much water
- Don't rush germination and ensure you avoid peat pellets
- Ensure you don't use the wrong pH level of water
- Don't keep your germination room cold and dark
- Make sure you don't use a heating mat that is too hot
- Ensure you don't expose your seed to frost
- Make sure you don't use water with bad quality or with chlorine
- Don't spray seedlings with pesticide
Choose the Right Seeds
More people are now showing interest in growing and cultivating marijuana plants after the legalization of marijuana in several states. Choosing the right kind of seeds, and knowing the right type of soil and caring environment for the plant is essential.
The Effect You Want
People planting marijuana seeds have the option to choose between Indica dominant strain and the Sativa dominant strains. Indica-strains are linked with relaxation while the Sativa-strain may have a mild high as a result of the THC effects. The effects can also vary from person to person; so choose the high level that you want according to the samples you have tried out.
Selecting a strain to plant is perhaps the most crucial moment before beginning growing marijuana. There are hundreds of known strains available on the market, and choosing the best one may seem complicated. Are you looking for the best strain? Contact Homegrown Cannabis Co today.