What are medical marijuana seeds?
Medical grade weed seeds are specifically bred to produce higher levels of cannabidiol (CBD). These cannabis seeds also tend to have lower levels of the psychoactive ingredient, THC.
When you grow your own cannabis from seeds, you gain control over your own supply, on top of being able to produce the exact strain you’re after.
Buds produced from medical seeds are reported to help various conditions from depression and anxiety to nausea and inflammation. Whether you’re seeking relief from mental or physical conditions, medical cannabis can provide the desired relief.
Choosing the best medical seeds for your needs depends on your condition. Remember that different hybrid marijuana strains have varying results, so evaluate your preferences first.
According to various user reviews, buds from sativa-dominant strains can treat depression and boost energy. Medical strains can also improve your focus and creativity.
Indica-dominant strains, on the other hand, produce plants with intense relaxing effects. If you need help treating pain, insomnia, muscle spasms, or nausea, you’re more likely to find relief with an indica-dominant medical strain.
Note: while many have reported impressive results with their medicinal cannabis treatments, we advise consulting your doctor first.
We also advise checking state laws before cultivating medical marijuana seeds in the USA
Why choose medical cannabis seeds?
Evidence suggests that medical marijuana helps to relieve many conditions, often without the intense high.
Cannabidiol (CBD) found in cannabis sativa plants isn’t psychoactive, which means users won’t experience a ‘high’ after consumption. High-CBD, low-THC cannabis seeds have been specifically cultivated to have reduced psychotropic effects.
While the characteristics of medical seeds are similar to those of typical marijuana seeds, the CBD level is often higher. The lower THC and higher CBD make these strains more favorable for medical consumption, with greater therapeutic benefits.
With the reduced psychoactive effects, patients can enjoy medical marijuana buds all day long. You should still be aware of the effects as some help you sleep while others provide an energy kick for your daily activity.
Where can you find medical marijuana seeds for sale?
There are many states where medical marijuana and cultivation are legal. In these parts of the country, there are usually retail shops or dispensaries selling various medical cannabis products.
If you’re looking for medical marijuana seeds for sale, make sure you comply with the state’s requirements first. To buy medical seeds, you’ll often need a doctor’s recommendation and/or medical marijuana card.
While buying medical weed seeds from dispensaries is an option, online seed banks offer a greater variety of strains. Always make sure you’re shopping with a reputable company like Homegrown Cannabis Co. for the highest quality seeds.
Top five medical marijuana seeds
The variety makes selecting the best medical weed seeds challenging. We’ve selected five of our top medical seeds to help you get started.
- CBD Super Silver Haze Feminized: This sativa-dominant strain is great for beginner consumers. As one of the most iconic medical marijuana seeds for sale online, you won’t be disappointed by its 14% THC and 15% CBD effects. Buds from this strain will leave you feeling euphoric, happy, uplifted, and relaxed—user reviews report that it helps treat anxiety, depression, insomnia, and inflammation. This cultivar is quite demanding, requiring extra attention, but if you put in the effort, you could be rewarded with a high yield of buds in 10–12 weeks.
- CBD Critical Mass Feminized: This mostly indica strain has a 1:1 CBD to THC ratio, each at 5%. The cultivar is suitable for beginners and can assist with increasing appetite, focus, and relaxation. It has earthy, honey, herbal, and sweet flavors. The flowering time ranges between eight to ten weeks, and the required climate is temperate/continental sunny/Mediterranean.
- CBD 1-CA Ratio 1:20 Feminized: Suitable for new growers, this mostly indica cultivar contains THC levels at 1% and CBD at 20%. It has many therapeutic benefits and can assist with anxiety, stress, depression, arthritis, and cramps. The effects are calming and relaxed. It has an earthy, flowery, and mint flavor with a flowering time of eight to ten weeks. The required climate is temperate/continental sunny/Mediterranean.
- CBD Cheese Autoflower: This complex hybrid has 15% CBD and 6% THC, needing the touch of a more experienced cultivator. With the required care and attention, you could harvest moderate yields of buds for calming, euphoric, relaxed, sedative, and uplifting effects. The cultivar is reported to assist with treating muscle spasms, migraines, stress, and anxiety. It has cheese, flowery, herbal, orange, and sweet flavors, with a flowering period of eight to ten weeks. The required climate is temperate/continental sunny/Mediterranean.
- CBD Harlequin Feminized: As a true medicinal cultivar, this sativa-dominant strain boasts CBD levels up to 18% and THC levels no more than 1%. You can enjoy the potent therapeutic benefits without the psychoactive effects. The strain leaves users calm, relaxed, and focused, easing stress, fatigue, arthritis, anxiety, depression, and migraines. It has a citrus, earthy, and mango flavor, with a flowering period of eight to ten weeks. The required climate is temperate/continental Sunny/Mediterranean. This strain requires the attention of a mid-level cultivator to produce moderate yields.
Using feminized medical marijuana seeds is easier for new cultivators as you won’t have to worry about males. All that’s left is to choose your strain.
Homegrown Cannabis Co. has the range to meet your needs; whether it’s medical seeds for pain, stress, or anxiety.
Choose the best medical seeds for you
Buying medical cannabis seeds that best suit your needs is easy at our online seed bank.
Once you’ve isolated your medical needs and the taste and aroma you prefer, choosing medical seeds is less challenging. You can also consult your doctor and get an informed opinion.
There are a few other factors to consider before making a final decision. Depending on your gardening experience, you can choose between beginner seeds or seeds for skilled cultivators.
You’ll also need to decide whether you want to grow your seeds indoors or outdoors. Some cannabis plants need lots of space and are more suited for outdoor growing, and some will do much better indoors.
If you choose outdoors, you need to consider the climate as some cannabis seeds react differently in various conditions. These are all points that’ll help when selecting the best options for you.
Fortunately, there’s ample information available at Homegrown Cannabis Co. to help you buy and grow medical marijuana seeds easily.
Is it easy to grow medical seeds?
You don’t have to be a green finger wizard to get the most from your medical cannabis seeds. Growing your own weed is exciting, inexpensive, and, in most cases “as easy as pie.”
Once you’ve picked your seeds, you’ll need to choose a location, either indoors or outdoors.
To start, germinate your seeds before transferring them into a pot. If you’re cultivating indoors, adjust the temperature and light to create optimal growing conditions.
Always use the correct soil and nutrients to get the best result and harvest high-quality yield.
You can find all the information you need to get started at Homegrown Cannabis Co: from planting your medical seeds to harvesting.
What is the average flowering time for medical cannabis seeds?
The average flowering period is seven to nine weeks. Certain sativas may need some extra time to reach maturity.
During the early weeks of flowering, your weed plant will continue to grow and increase in height.
Fine white hairs (pistils) will start to emerge on female plants and later transform into buds.
To ensure your marijuana plant reaches its potential, you must provide the correct nutrients. Halfway through the flowering period, the plant stops growing, but the buds grow larger. They’ll also develop a distinct odor.
You’ll see color changes as the days progress, with your plant only needing water for the final weeks before harvesting—also known as flushing.
What are the benefits of medical marijuana?
The CBD levels of various medical marijuana strains determine the relief intensity patients expect. Buy medical marijuana seeds to grow buds that offer relief of symptoms ranging from insomnia to depression.
Expected benefits are pain relief and a reduction of the symptoms associated with chemotherapy and muscle spasms. CBD is also known to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
THC is also beneficial in fighting insomnia, glaucoma, nausea, and lack of appetite.
Higher doses could also have many negative side effects, including psychosis and paranoia. Pay close attention to the dosage if you’re new to using marijuana or have a THC intolerance.
While studies show that buds from medical seeds relieve various ailments, always consult a doctor before using marijuana for medicinal purposes.
Do feminized medical marijuana seeds exist?
Yes, such seeds exist and are 99% guaranteed to produce only female plants.
Growing only females allows you to focus on simply producing the best buds you can, without needing to worry about a male in the bunch pollinating the rest.
CBD White Widow Feminized is a fantastic example of feminized medicinal marijuana seed. This resilient strain is easy for new cultivators to nurture, and it delivers an impressive yield. With 5.5% CBD and THC (1:1), enjoy a wave of relaxation ideal for pain relief.
Do autoflower medical marijuana seeds exist?
Yes, autoflower medical marijuana seeds do exist. Autoflowers are created when a ruderalis plant is crossbred with a feminized or regular strain. This plant then has the ability to autoflower.
Autoflower marijuana seeds usually flower after 2–4 weeks. They don’t require you to change up the light schedule to initiate this phase, which makes them more suited to new growers.
Aside from being available in feminized form, high-CBD cannabis seeds are also available in autoflower - BD Cheese auto and CBD White Widow auto are two top examples.
Facts about medical marijuana seeds and plants
- Medical cannabis seeds and plants are legal in many states, as is cultivating your own cannabis. More states have legalized marijuana for medical use than for recreational use.
- If you’re in one of these states, growing marijuana seeds for medical purposes is a fantastic option. You have complete control of the environment and can ensure no harmful chemicals get used. You’ll also enjoy way more weed than you would from a dispensary for the same price.
- Medical marijuana is an excellent alternative treatment for a wide variety of ailments—both mental and physical.
- Growing seeds at home is more cost-effective than purchasing medical cannabis products at a dispensary. You can save even more when purchasing your medical marijuana seeds at wholesale prices or from online seed banks.
- Growing cannabis plants is possible for anyone with the right tools and environment. Simply put, the best medical marijuana seeds are those that can help your condition. Check the cultivar details to determine the best grow methods for your choice.
- Growing your medical seeds indoors allows more control over the environment.
- Strains that grow from autoflower seeds don’t need as much input from the cultivator. Alternatively, choose beginner weed seeds for novices.
Why buy medical marijuana seeds from Homegrown Cannabis Co?
Buying medical seeds online allows you to browse at your leisure and choose the strain that best suits your needs.
At Homegrown Cannabis Co., you have the freedom to browse through a variety for free, with no obligation. Each strain has a detailed description, which is bound to answer any question you may have.
You’ll also find a list of medical conditions each cultivar can treat. Homegrown Cannabis Co. offers advice on how to grow your cannabis plants.
You’ll find all the information you need right here. So, why go anywhere else?
Check out the Homegrown Cannabis Co. beginner’s guide to help you get started on your cannabis growing journey.